🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Invite only jobs and profile activity
Page options
pkaufman
Community Member

Invite only jobs and profile activity

Do invite only jobs affect activity stats? Specifically, if my completion rate is below 90% due to non activity (I think that must be the reason) will sucessful invite only jobs bring it up again?  Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Peter K wrote:

Thanks for the response. Sorry for not being up on your jargon and happy you could figure out (that part). What I am referring to is this attachment. I assume the client is seeing me with not at least 90% JSS, what I called "below".

This is what I was referring to as "inactivity"

>>You actually don't have a JSS at all because you haven't worked on the site in several years, s

Right, that makes sense now. For the time being, ignore that client preference if you know you can really nail the job. Apply anyway.

You'll need to complete (!) 4+ contracts from 3 or more different clients to get a JSS again. Be careful who you work with at this stage, as your JSS is really vulnerable until you have a bunch of completed contracts. Essentially, to hang on to a 90%+ JSS you can't afford one contract to go pearshaped until you have at least 10 great ones under your belt.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Peter K wrote:

Do invite only jobs affect activity stats? Specifically, if my completion rate is below 90% due to non activity (I think that must be the reason) will sucessful invite only jobs bring it up again?  Thanks.

There is no such thing as a "completion rate" - you may mean JSS (Job Success Score?) (It's about successfully completing contracts, not just completing them.)

What do you mean "non activity?" - Jobs which are idle, but you have earned money from at some point, don't affect your JSS. Jobs which you have never earned any money from, do affect your JSS after 2-3 months if open, or when they close with no or poor private feedback.

Whether jobs originate from bidding or are invite only makes absolutely no difference to anything.

You actually don't have a JSS at all because you haven't worked on the site in several years, so I am not sure where you see "below 90."

Below 90 what?

pkaufman
Community Member

Thanks for the response. Sorry for not being up on your jargon and happy you could figure out (that part). What I am referring to is this attachment. I assume the client is seeing me with not at least 90% JSS, what I called "below".

>>You actually don't have a JSS at all because you haven't worked on the site in several years, s

petra_r
Community Member

Peter K wrote:

Right, that makes sense now. For the time being, ignore that client preference if you know you can really nail the job. Apply anyway.

You'll need to complete (!) 4+ contracts from 3 or more different clients to get a JSS again. Be careful who you work with at this stage, as your JSS is really vulnerable until you have a bunch of completed contracts. Essentially, to hang on to a 90%+ JSS you can't afford one contract to go pearshaped until you have at least 10 great ones under your belt.

pkaufman
Community Member

Great advice. Thanks, Petra

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths