🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Invite only proposal - how does client ma...
Page options
jennyporteous
Community Member

Invite only proposal - how does client make the job active?

I'm sorry, I think this has probably been asked before. I've tried searching but I haven't found a definitive answer.

My client has sent me an invite only project, and I have responded with a proposal. She has funded the project.

However it is not yet showing as an active job. It is showing as an active proposal.

What further steps need to be taken by me or by my client?

Thanks for your help.

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Jennifer P wrote:

My client has sent me an invite only project, and I have responded with a proposal. She has funded the project.

However it is not yet showing as an active job. It is showing as an active proposal.

You need to accept the offer 🙂 Go to your "Proposals Page" where you should find the offer. Click on it, then review all is as agreed, then click on "Accept"

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jennifer P wrote:

I'm sorry, I think this has probably been asked before. I've tried searching but I haven't found a definitive answer.

Thanks for your help.

Your clients needs to send an offer, which you then accept. 

Martina P wrote:

Your clients needs to send an offer, which you then accept. 

The client must have sent an offer already, or nothing could be funded.

Many thanks for your help, Petra. Together with Martina you have helped to clarify the situation for me.

I can only see an active proposal under the link you pointed to, no offers, although my client believes she has funded the project already. It's a bit confusing - both for clients and freelancers.

I will ask her to make an offer and hopefully that will resolve the situation.

Thank you

Thank you, Martina - I think this must be my situation as I can't find an offer under my proposals page, only an active proposal.

It's confusing for the client as she has already invited me (and she believes she has allocated funds somehow). It must seem like a duplication of effort from her point of view.

Anyway, I think this is the situation and I will speak to my client again. Many thanks to you and to Petra for clarifying things.

You need to look in the message thread for the interview and find the link designated with "detailsdetails.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths