🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invite your own freelancer (exclusive to agen...
Page options
dushyant_14
Community Member

Invite your own freelancer (exclusive to agency)

Hi All,

I have been wondering, why doesn't Upwork have an option of bring your own freelancer for agency?

It seems many are facing the same problem - when creating an agency, one would want a known and reliable person as a member who would be able to step up the agency gradually. The best way is to get someone you know to join Upwork, and get them into your agency as a win-win for both.

Unfortunately, many of the profiles are not being approved, and while Upwork may be justified in its purpose, it does not help the others who may be looking for growth (with the help of their peers whom they trust).

Upwork has bring your own freelancer programme where the freelancer can work only for that client, so how about the same thing for agencies where a freelancer invited by agency, can atleast work as agency exclusive? As the client bears risk of subpar performance in such a case, the same will be for agency owner as it would affect the ratings of the agency.

We all know a few around us, who may not be individually good at everything and thus unable to pass the screeing of Upwork (and it doesn't help when Upwork gives a generic response), but that freelancer can be a good team member and qulified for a task assigned.

Thoughts? 

With Thanks,
Dushyant

- If you do not fight for yourself, who will?
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Dushyant S wrote:

I have been wondering, why doesn't Upwork have an option of bring your own freelancer for agency?

Because Upwork has far too many freelancers, and the very, VERY last thing it needs is more of what there is too much of already.

People would just use that option to try and sneak in people who have already been identified as unsuitable, further cluttering up an already saturated marketplace.

Petra, I understand what you are saying that Upwork has too many freelancers. However, new profiles are being allowed on Upwork to make sure that the right talent does join. I am not sure how the right / wrong is being defined when reviewing the profiles, as I know of atleast 2 good professionals being rejected for generic reasons.

Also, a general profile and the cluster created is harmful to other freelancers. I do not think anyone would do that under a paid agency plan and harm their own reputation, just for the sake of allowing someone to get Upwork profile. Agian, as this would be agency exclusive invite, it would not matter if the one who has been allowed wants to go seperate from the agency as at that time Upwork's review of profile can reject it. This is the same as can be done on BYOF as available for the client.

With Thanks,
Dushyant

- If you do not fight for yourself, who will?
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members