Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invite

shaart
Ace Contributor
sharon n Member Since: May 4, 2017
1 of 8

I tried to open an account for my mum which was succesful and she even made bids on a job but then since she didnt use her account after some months ,she got an error message saying her profile no longer qualifies.I have worked on upwork for 17 months now and I am doing better..I wanted her to start too.I know there are alot of people wanting to join but I was wondering can freelancers invite someone?or recommend someone very skilled to join too?since applications now are automatically rejected upon application

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 8

Hi Sharon,

Please note that you can't take any action that would count towards your mum's profile being resumed. Our team already communicated the reasons for changing the account status and, regarding inviting others, all new freelancers are subjected to the review process.

Untitled
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 8

Sharon: You may not ask for help on behalf of your mom.

You may not hire your mom on Upwork. She can't hire you. People get suspended for doing something like that.

Please do not mention your mother again in the Forum. As she is a freelancer, it is too suspicious. Maybe Upwork will think you have two accounts, one in your own name and one in your mother's name.

shaart
Ace Contributor
4 of 8

I am not asking to hire my mum or ask on her behalf..There is a site where you can invite someone..I was invited to it by a friend and wondered if upwork has something similar.I know the policies on upwork and I only have one account.I do not have a reason to have two and I do not intend to.I was just asking a question.can you invite someone or not?It was an honest question.Thanks anyway

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
5 of 8

You said you tried to open an account for your mom.  That's where the policy violation implication came from.  Other than that, everyone has to go through the same approval process here. I'm sure it's different on other platforms. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
shaart
Ace Contributor
6 of 8

i get what you mean.

shaart
Ace Contributor
7 of 8

I was comparing information thats it.

shaart
Ace Contributor
8 of 8

I do not intend to act on her behalf to have it resumed...It was just a question.Yes they did respond..I had to ask as there is a website that allows invites,I had to enquire if you guys do the same..Thans for the insightful information

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS