🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Invited to a client account.
Page options
ellehaym
Community Member

Invited to a client account.

I have a freelancer account. But my biz partner wants me to have an client-side account under our work email. Would Upwork ban me if I create another account under the new work email? Or should I ask him to invite me using my freelancer account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
joywriter
Community Member

Hi @May!

You can create a client account usin the same freelancer Upwork account. You can't have more that one account for the same person.

Your partner can indeed also create just a client account and invite you, or you can activate your Client account in your freelancer accont and then invite him. Both will work.

If you're a freelancer or agency manager now, but would like to hire others as a client

1. Go to Settings  My Teams and choose the Create New Account button at the bottom.
  2. Choose New Client Account
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

More information here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067558-Can-I-be-both-a-freelancer-doing-work-and-a-c...

Any questions, let me know!

Best,

Hugo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
joywriter
Community Member

Hi @May!

You can create a client account usin the same freelancer Upwork account. You can't have more that one account for the same person.

Your partner can indeed also create just a client account and invite you, or you can activate your Client account in your freelancer accont and then invite him. Both will work.

If you're a freelancer or agency manager now, but would like to hire others as a client

1. Go to Settings  My Teams and choose the Create New Account button at the bottom.
  2. Choose New Client Account
  3. Once set up, use the account menu at the top-right of your screen to switch between using Upwork as a client, freelancer, or agency

More information here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067558-Can-I-be-both-a-freelancer-doing-work-and-a-c...

Any questions, let me know!

Best,

Hugo

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members