Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invites from Upwork Project Success Sourcer

idenkov
Ivan D Member Since: Apr 18, 2016
1 of 9

Hey all,

So I just recevied invitation for interview, which requires mix of skills, half of which I do not posses.

Usually I will just decline it because it does not fit my skill set.

The problem is that the invitation is from Upwork employee, not from the client itself - this must be new, or at least is new for me. 

The end of the message is :

" Please direct all your messages to the client. They will be managing the job. Thank you."

I can easily decline it, because I am not a fit, the problem is that if the client is not aware, he will just recieve random messages from unknown people, and since he is new he might decide this is strange and akward.

Does the client know there is people invited on his behalf?

If he does not, declining will be little weird for them.

Thanks,

Ivan

This widget could not be displayed.
2 of 9
This widget could not be displayed.

@Ivan D wrote:

Hey all,

So I just recevied invitation for interview, which requires mix of skills, half of which I do not posses.

Usually I will just decline it because it does not fit my skill set.

The problem is that the invitation is from Upwork employee, not from the client itself - this must be new, or at least is new for me. 

The end of the message is :

" Please direct all your messages to the client. They will be managing the job. Thank you."

I can easily decline it, because I am not a fit, the problem is that if the client is not aware, he will just recieve random messages from unknown people, and since he is new he might decide this is strange and akward.

Does the client know there is people invited on his behalf?

If he does not, declining will be little weird for them.

Thanks,

Ivan

Do not worry to much and just decline it. Some time ago I received a similar invitation like you for a job that 200% did not fit and the client's payment method even was not verified. I even suspected fraud at first, however, it was legit.

idenkov
3 of 9

Actually the job sounds pretty good and it is almost my fit - it is overall good match.

I don't really have problems to decline a single job.

That is not the problem.

The problem is that this not normal looking for new clients, and I don't want to push new people away.

If I was in the same postion I would think there is something very wrong in this platform if I receive decline messages from people who even haven't apllied to my job. It looks broken and shady.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 9

Hi Ivan,

The client is aware that they are getting services from an Upwork Project Success Manager and communicate with them directly. A project Success Manager helps them find talented freelancers and invites them to apply. The client will then receive proposals, review them and select candidates.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

idenkov
5 of 9

Thanks for clearing that Valeria!

atlinguist
Community Guru
Alexandra H Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
6 of 9

That sounds like a very good idea to me. Both, actually. The fact that there is such a thing as being invited by Upwork employees on behalf of the client (works well on other platforms) and the fact that you declined (why not?).

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 9
I have never received an invitation from an upwork recruiter that I took up. I have no idea where upwork gets these people from....but they are not too bright.
coa
Maria Cristina A Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
8 of 9

I am not sure myself as to why these Talent Recruiters keep on passing jobs to me that do not match up to my skills at all.Are they bothering to review the profiles ? Even the job recommendation emails do not help at all )-:

myCRISoft
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 9

I apologise for the inconvenience, Maria Christina. Could you share more information as to what job recommendation emails you receive, and what types of jobs do the talent recruiters send you so that I can share it to the team. 

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS