Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoices - Tax ID

Ace Contributor
Mark G Member Since: Jan 25, 2015
1 of 26

Hello everyone.

I live in Spain and my accountant is saying I need to put a CIF/NIF on my invoices. I believe this translates as a tax ID. How are other people going about this? As far as I know, this information (of clients) is not freely available and they're not obliged to present it. Am I supposed to then add the tax ID number of Upwork instead? I've also asked for that in the past and not been given it. Apologies if these are really basic questions. I'm new to being self employed and all of these papers and numbers are way beyond me!

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Ace Contributor
2 of 26

Bump - kind of need an answer quite quickly, so if anyone knows the answer then I'd appreciate the help Smiley Happy

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 26

Hi Mark,

We're following up with the team regarding your question, and will post an update on the thread as soon as we have more info.

Ace Contributor
4 of 26

That would be great, thanks Smiley Happy

Iker U Member Since: Jan 26, 2016
5 of 26

So, any updates on this? I also need the same information.

Ace Contributor
6 of 26

Unfortunately I never heard anything back which is disappointing. I already had to submit my tax information weeks ago so Upwork weren't any help at all in that regard.

Mark B Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
7 of 26

I also need this info. Please provide an update. 

Thanks

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 26

Hi Mark,

Please contact Customer Support and they will be able to advise you regarding this question.

Paul W Member Since: May 30, 2016
9 of 26

Hi Mark, 

Did you find an answer to your question? I am self employed in Spain, and also need to add a NIF/CIF number for UpWork. The number UpWork gave me is #13-4241242

Let me know, 
Thanks. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Mark B Member Since: Sep 20, 2015
10 of 26

Hi Paul

In summary, the response I got from Support said that Upwork is not the client, and that freelancers should ask their clients for details in order to create invoices. 

This is contrary to the advice I recieved from my "gestor", BTW. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS