Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Invoices in Hungary

Highlighted
Imre N Member Since: Jun 6, 2018
1 of 5

Hello,

So I have income I would like to send to my bank account. I would need to create an invoice, as the vague one that Upwork generates does not have all the necessary information on them that would be required in Hungary.

My Question is: 

Whne creating an invoice to state your received earnings from Upwork, who do I create the invoice to? To Upwork Global Inc? Or to the contractor that I worked with. That contractor paid Upwork and me directly, so in my understanding I need to create this invoice for Upwork. Am I understanding this right? Or the generated invoice Upwork creates should be enough in all EU countries?

Thank you for your answer!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Imre, 

You don`t have to generate any invoices to receive funds on your Upwork account, they are automatically generated on Upwork. I would also recommend to consult with a local expert about how to report your earnings from Upwork and if additional documentation is needed. Thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Imre N Member Since: Jun 6, 2018
3 of 5

If I add my VIEN EU VAT number and it is accepted, will that be shown in the generated invoice? Can I use these invoices to report my income?

As for the earnings, I am hoping someone here will be able to give me some guidance, my Bookkeepers could not give me all the answers I need. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 5

Hi Imre,

Yes there is a another invoice only for your VAT, the VAT number with additional information is listed on the invoice.
We won't charge VAT if a freelancer or agency has a valid VAT number in the format shown Here. Freelancers and agencies with VAT numbers can add them by visiting the Accounts menu > Settings > Tax Information. If the tax ID that you submit isn't in the format provided by VIES, Upwork won't be able to validate it.

Untitled
Highlighted
Viktoria P Member Since: Feb 18, 2020
5 of 5

Hi Imre, 

I'm in the same situation as you were, what was the final solution for this, how can the incomes be reported in a "local tax office-friendly" way?

Thanks so much in advance! Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS