cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoices

Luigi C Member Since: Nov 13, 2019
1 of 6

What if I want to Invoice for the work done through UPWork, assuming I have a limited company where I am the sole owner?

How this is handled?

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
2 of 6

Whenever you submit work for a fixed-price project/milestone, or you finalize your hours at the end of a work week:

1. UpWork invoices the client.
  2. Client pays Upwork.
  3. Upwork pays you (minus their fees).
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 6

Hi Luigi, 

It looks like you are new here. I would definitely recommend that you read up on the help articles I will note below to have an idea on how the system makes it easy for you "send an invoice/bill" your client. 

I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

-Avery
Untitled
4 of 6

Thanks Avery,

my question was different, is not how I get paid is how I manage to invoice to get the payment recorded in my balance sheet.

As said assuming I work through a limited company owned 100% by me (pretty common in UK for example) should I invoice UPwork? how that works?

Luigi

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
5 of 6

Hi Luigi,

For each transaction, an invoices will be created and you will be able to download it by going to Reports > Transaction History. To learn more about invoices check out this Help Article. Thank you.

Untitled
6 of 6

Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for.

Luigi

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS