🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invoicing and declaring work done in upwork ...
Page options
badgecko
Community Member

Invoicing and declaring work done in upwork in Spain

Hi, I am a spanish freelancer and would like to talk to other Spanish freelancers working in upwork.  Although I have checked with 2 accountants and with Treasury department how I should declare the work I do here, everybody gives me different answers.   I am not sure if the invoices upwork send to my clients are valid to declare or I should invoice upwork for the ammount of my earnings, according to what I found in some forums. Upwork support is not very helpful about it, I was told to contact a local advicer, but unfortunatelly I haven't found anyone that  is sure about the procedure. So I would really appreciate some insight about it from other Spanish that have been declaring work from Upwork for a while.  I would pay for the advice if necessary.

Thanks a lot

42 REPLIES 42
9e732e1c
Community Member

I'm wondering the same as Spain has an invasive nearly dictatorial tax regime on both freelancers and businesses backed up by the EU.

Fortunately I see a way here as I managed to avoid both US and EU taxes because I am Honduran national and there is no laws in my country at this time for people who work online. My suggestion for you would be to get a nationality in a third world country like mine where there's no legislation. I have useful my payoneer funds normally without a problem. So, for my earnings I'm fine but I wonder the same as you, if Spain businesses can use the Upwork invoices to report in their spending. 

I want to get hired by EU businesses but I dont want to violate any laws from there. It's complicated I hope spain wake up 

font_paz_marta
Community Member

Hi Sonia, I am in the same situation, I have a couple of different opinions about it. How did you finally managed? Thanks a lot.

He Marta, Im in the same boat at the moment. Did you find a way? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members