🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Invoicing as a freelance
Page options
daniele-carollo
Community Member

Invoicing as a freelance

Hello,

I know the topic has been touched several times but still have some detail to figure it.

As a freelance, I need to invoice my clients for the works I provide on Upwork. Even though Upwork automatically creates a group of invoices when a work is done (mine to client, upwork to me), the one which is sent to the client is not legally recognized by my country, as we need to have more details there.

So everytime I'm making my own invoice and sending it to the client, which is totally fine. However, recently I ended up with a weird situation where my client paid my twice: he payed me on upwork, then I sent him my personal invoice and his automatic system paid me again (by bank). I refunded the second payment of course, but at the same time I would try to avoid this unpleasant situation in the future.

Is there a way to disable the automatic invoice sent to the client? (Which again, doesn't even have legal value here)? Or is it possible to apply there some sort of information saying that the real one will be sent later?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Daniele C.,

How would Upwork get paid its fee if it doesn't bill the client and the client pays you directly?

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniele,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths