🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Ip Connection
Page options
mohammad_janfada
Community Member

Ip Connection

Hi Upwork community. On the surface, Let's stick to the point. I need to know if it is possible for one of my friends to become online and work with my account. I mean is it possible or illegal if I give the Username and Password of my account to one of my friends who is living in another country( which of course the Ip address will be different ), and wants to work with my account in different fields. Let's skip the part in which trust and safety could be endangered. I just need to know whether it's possible or not. I think It will be awsome if more than 1 person be able to work on an account.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mohammad,

No, it is not a problem to use your account from different IP addresses as long as you don’t share your account with another person. It’s important that you don’t share your log in credentials with anybody and don’t log into other users’ accounts as it’s a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mohammad,

I would like to clarify that this is not allowed and it is a serious violation of our TOS. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran. Thank You so much for your response. So there is no way possible if someone else wants to work on my account with a different Ip connection?. Also one last thing. If somebody changes his/her Ip connection and wants to cotinue working on that account, is it legal and possible?

Hi Mohammad,

No, it is not a problem to use your account from different IP addresses as long as you don’t share your account with another person. It’s important that you don’t share your log in credentials with anybody and don’t log into other users’ accounts as it’s a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank You so much. Yes I'll make sure that nobody becomes online with my account and I won't share my login details

Mohammad J wrote:

if someone else wants to work on my account with a different Ip connection?

No. As has been explained to you, nobody other than you may ever log into or use your account.

What you are asking are different ways to break Upwork's rules without being found out. You WILL be found out, especially now that you have announced your plans to Upwork already.

No. there is no plan. I have been working on Upwork for almost nearly one year. I just wanted to know about the Ip connection.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members