cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iranian People

Rahmat W Member Since: Jul 15, 2018
1 of 13

Hi!

How Iranian people can work and take jobs from UpWork?!

Because my lovely country(The Great Iran) is not listed in the country list of upwork when we want to create a new account. Maybe because we are under sanctions from US.

This makes us inefficent in global communities, and i'm really sad. why it should be like this?! Smiley Sad

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 13

Upwork is physically located in the US and must obey US laws and sanctions.

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 13

Why does your profile say that you are in the Netherlands??

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 13

Hi Rahmat,

Unfortunately, this country is on the OFAC Sanctions List, users from countries on this list are restricted from working on Upwork and other US-based businesses at this time. This is also the reason why you are unable to find Iran on the country list.

Please check this Help Article and for more details visit this website.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Davoud Z Member Since: Feb 24, 2019
5 of 13

Unfortunate for Iranian citizens, but until the tyranny is ruling in Iran I presume that would be the case.

Ali S Member Since: Dec 5, 2019
6 of 13

It is a great injustice not to let ordinary people work. So please don't talk about cruelty. I hope that the backward and primitive rulers of America and Iran will become wiser and more civilized as soon as possible.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 13

Rahmat:

I'm sorry that the current situation is disappointing to you.

Upwork WOULD LIKE to allow residents of Iran to use Upwork as clients and freelancers. But the decision is not up to Upwork. Upwork is following strict sanctions. Upwork doesn't have a choice. U.S. sanctions are in place due to policies and actions of the Iranian government.

The only people who can change this situation are the government and people of Iran.

You can read more about this here:

Iran Sanctions

Amirhossein A Member Since: Mar 9, 2019
8 of 13

Helo , I have been from Iran for three years to the Philippines. Can I register my account with my iranina passport?but my location is in the Philippines

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 13

Hi Amirhossein,

The location information on your profile has to accurately represent your actual location. If you are requested to complete ID verification, you can use any valid ID document you have that meets the requirements that will show on the verification form.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Amirhossein A Member Since: Mar 9, 2019
10 of 13

thanks for your reply
i have iranina passport and i want to send my passport to identity verification proccess but in issuing country , i can't find iran because my passport for iran
I am currently in a country other than Iran

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS