🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Irrelevant Job posts
Page options
engrzunuran
Community Member

Irrelevant Job posts

I am getting lot of irrelevant job posts in my feed. Like Amazon, Data entry etc. I have nothin to do with these skills. Same problem occured some time ago and it took more than a week for upwork to resolve it. Now i am facing the same problem with more intensity of irrelevant jobs. Is there anyone else who is also facing the same issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Zunuran,

Thank you for your message. Engineering was only cited as an example. 

I checked on your ticket and it looks like it was escalated to the technical support team and the agent handling your ticket said they will respond as soon as they get an update.

Apologies for the delay as we are experiencing a higher-than-normal volume of requests but rest assured the team is working on resolving on your concern. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
df602768
Community Member

You can customize the job search by filtering out specific keywords. In your case these would be Amazon, Data Entry, etc. 

759e32fa

Hi Zunuran,

The jobs showing on "My Feed" are based on the filters of your Saved Search. This means that when you search for jobs and save them, our system will remember the criteria you've chosen and will try to suggest the nearest jobs you've saved and searched.

However, if there is none saved, it will be based on your categories. Since categories are broad ( ie: Engineering has many kinds), the system may give you many skills that are not exactly relevant to what you want to see (but in a way related such as programming, you may also see jobs related to designs or animation which are not the same but can be related).

I highly suggest that you start manually searching and saving projects from time to time. However, we would like to set your expectation that the effect will not be immediate as it also takes some time to fetch the results.

~ AJ
Upwork

Amazon selling has nothing to do with Electrical or electronics enginnering. It never happended before. I have saved searches relevant to my skills only. This data entry, amazon etc are no way near in my search or work list. There is an issue from upwork side. Looks like upwork has also laid off their customer care representatives. Because i am not getting response to my ticket from last three days

Hi Zunuran,

Thank you for your message. Engineering was only cited as an example. 

I checked on your ticket and it looks like it was escalated to the technical support team and the agent handling your ticket said they will respond as soon as they get an update.

Apologies for the delay as we are experiencing a higher-than-normal volume of requests but rest assured the team is working on resolving on your concern. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork

I appreciate your response

engrzunuran
Community Member

I posted the Irelevent Job posts on on 'Jobs feed' , 'Best matches' and ' recent jobs' tabs about 5 months ago. You know what! this issue has not been resolved yet. I have came to the conclusion that this issue is larger than Tech teams capabilites. 

Since the ticket is open so every two days customer representative tells me that our tech team has resolved the issue. Now you wont see any irrelevant job on your feed. Guess what! issue is never resolved till today. 

However there is one thing that after two, three days the customer care agent keeps changing and every new agent asks me to explain the issue from start and again same story begins that we will resolve the issue in 24 to 48 hrs.

I am so frustrated at this point that i dont have any hope from Tech team to resolve my issue.

Can anyone suggest me what should I do now? I have tried everything. Changing browser, clearing cookies, clearing cache data etc. Nothing works. I barely see any relevant job on my feed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths