cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Upwork creating a "spec" site where freelancers are subject to the whim of the client for payment

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
51 of 63

RJ S wrote:

And since you decided to insult my writing, when no one else ever has, I'm unsure why Upwork allows you to be in the community forum.

Because around here people aren't banned from the forum for criticising your writing.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
52 of 63

RJS, something I'm sure you're keenly aware of as an experienced 25 year writer -

Despite James Joyce's proclivity for long convoluted sentences, writers and more importantly, readers, value the use of periods and paragraph breaks.

rjsha
Ace Contributor
RJ S Member Since: Jul 17, 2016
53 of 63

Yes, well, Wendy. If all I wrote was door hangers and emails then I suppose I'd only write as those criticizing me here do. Oh wait, I see that none of you have actually written a book. Gee, how about that. And it is odd how many are criticizing my writing when it's certainly served me well enough to have been a literary agent and written many books for my clients, who've taken them to enormous success. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
54 of 63

RJ S wrote:

. Oh wait, I see that none of you have actually written a book.

I have.

So?

rjsha
Ace Contributor
55 of 63

Actually, Upwork's guidelines for the community specifically states that you cannot make personal attacks. Why don't you read them so you'll know what the rules are?

rjsha
Ace Contributor
56 of 63

Actually, that violates the Guidelines as i understand it. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
57 of 63

RJ, you're the only legit profile and thread on this forum right now, so in a weird way I appreciate your bants.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
58 of 63

RJ S wrote:

Do recall, you made a crack about my writing first. 

Actually, I didn't. I'm sorry that your ego is so fragile that you chose to make that interpretation and be so upset by it that you've now felt the need to make several posts about me and my writing in different places. That makes me very sad for you, and I sincerely hope that this is a result of having been knocked down by the unexpected result in arbitration and you are usually stronger and more stable.

What I actually did was point out the possibility (based on my extensive experience with legal proceedings) that your particular style of presentation wasn't well received in the legal arena. I have taken no position on your writing skills, nor on my own. It has always been my belief that one's writing skills speak for themselves.

rjsha
Ace Contributor
59 of 63

Actually you did criticize my writing first. I find it odd how much time a few of you have to be here in the forum. **edited for Community Guidelines**

rjsha
Ace Contributor
60 of 63

Again, addressing things like my ego is simply a **Edited for Community Guidelines** way of attacking me. I'm reporting you to Upwork for violating community guidelines.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS