🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is Upwork paying Direct Banks transfers to Pa...
Page options
cyberdynestudios
Community Member

Is Upwork paying Direct Banks transfers to Pakistan, via Banks in Pakistan?

I used to get Upwork payments via foreign remittance but recently Upwork has been paying me via a local account in Alfalah Bank. Does Upwork have local accounts in Pakistan? If so, do the payouts from the banks occur after the Bank Opening hours in Pakistan? 

My last payouts were instant, but I just made a new payout request an hour ago, but I haven't received the funds yet.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shehryar, 

It sounds like you're referring to the banks our payment processors are partnered with. Since our goal is to provide the best experience for our customers, we use a variety of payment processors. For example, we've found cases where specific payment processors can transfer funds quickly to freelancers in certain countries but not others. By using different payment partners, we can better ensure all freelancers get the best service available in their area for their payment method.

As for your withdrawal, 
I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further. In the meantime, you may want to read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shehryar, 

It sounds like you're referring to the banks our payment processors are partnered with. Since our goal is to provide the best experience for our customers, we use a variety of payment processors. For example, we've found cases where specific payment processors can transfer funds quickly to freelancers in certain countries but not others. By using different payment partners, we can better ensure all freelancers get the best service available in their area for their payment method.

As for your withdrawal, 
I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't been reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further. In the meantime, you may want to read this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

~ Avery
Upwork

What do I provide to my local bank to check when the funds will arrive in my account. 

Are you referring to a reference number, Shehryar? I highly suggest waiting four business days for your withdrawal to be processed. Even if you have received the withdrawal immediately in the past, note that these transactions are processed within four business days so it is working according to the process. The team will only be able to provide transaction details once they initiate a trace for the transaction, and they can only do this after eight business days. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members