cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Upwork playing with us ? (Last JSS storm)

Minthant T Member Since: Nov 5, 2016
1 of 11

Hi!

I am the one who get affected by last JSS change happened in second week of this month. I will explain my situation first , (please note that times are in my timezone) 

1. Everyone know that JSS is refreshed in Monday every 2 weeks ,

2. I got back my top rated status with 94% on 1st of this month,

3. At 10th Jan 2019, My profile and stats page got error while missing every data,

4. At 11st Jan, which is not a Monday or a normal JSS refresh date, my JSS dropped to 86% losing TR . 

5. I went to Upwork support page to contact support to get help for my JSS drop , "There was a sign at the top of support page saying Upwork had an error with freelancers profiles,and they were solving it" and I also noticed many people encountered it when I visited this forum .

6. I kept checking my profile page and support page for a week , and one day support page notice sign was no longer there but my profile is still 86% . 

7. Then I contact the support via email , they replied that my JJS was correct and explained with a lot of data about my profile. And also they said it only count for last 2 years .

OK, here is my point . I can understand if my JSS dropped by any possible reasons . But , a lot of people have seen their JJS dropped at the time when it should not be ,plus Upwork also announced their error during that time . Now , they said it was an update . I don't see a point what just happened. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 11

Minthant T wrote:

4. At 11st Jan, which is not a Monday or a normal JSS refresh date, my JSS dropped to 86% losing TR . 

Did a contract close between Sunday the 6th of January and the 11th? Check carefully.

If yes, then that contract did it and you should (quickly) use your top rated perk if you still have it available to exclude the impact of that contract on your JSS.

JSS updates every second Sunday, not Monday, and they did an out of turn update on the 11 th to correct the mess that was made.

3 of 11

I said the times are in my timezone. Anyway, it does not make any sense to drop that far, even if my client gave me a bad private feedback because my JSS dropped during the time I have full right to gain my TR status.

Community Guru
4 of 11

Minthant T wrote:

I said the times are in my timezone. Anyway, it does not make any sense to drop that far, even if my client gave me a bad private feedback because my JSS dropped during the time I have full right to gain my TR status.

You haven't answered my question:

Did a contract close between Sunday the 6th of January and the 11th? Check carefully.

5 of 11

Yes, I have done one job with one of my long terms clients during that time 

"4.80  Dec 2018 - Jan 2019

Leads were generated as requested and within the agreed schedule. This is the 4th project we do with Minthant Thantbo and we keep coming back." 
and I'd like to hear your opinion on my last paragraph of my post instead of covering the side of Upwork.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 11

Minthant T wrote:

Yes, I have done one job with one of my long terms clients during that time 

"4.80  Dec 2018 - Jan 2019

Leads were generated as requested and within the agreed schedule. This is the 4th project we do with Minthant Thantbo and we keep coming back." 
and I'd like to hear your opinion on my last paragraph of my post instead of covering the side of Upwork.

She already responded to that. After the glitch, Upwork did an off-schedule JSS update. 

7 of 11

That's the point I was talking, off-schedule update. But there was no announcement on it , in my personal POV , there should be an anncouncement to let their freelancers know , we are not using their platform for free so they should take care of us not only their clients. 

Community Guru
8 of 11

Minthant T wrote:

That's the point I was talking, off-schedule update. But there was no announcement on it

How would that have made any difference?

There was a note in your My Stats page with the date it was last updated.

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
9 of 11

That's the point I was talking, off-schedule update. But there was no announcement on it , in my personal POV , there should be an anncouncement to let their freelancers know , we are not using their platform for free so they should take care of us not only their clients. 

Very few companies are going feel obligated to alert users every time they make a business decision. If you don't like paying a commission for the leads that Upwork brings you, then stop earning here and you'll stop paying for the privilege to do so. What you are entitled to is exactly what the agreement between you and Upwork states that you are entitled to--nothing more. 

You can just make up new rules because you feel like it. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 11

I wonder if one day we'll get a thread where someone will post that their JSS went way up for "no reason." Something like "Wow I'm pretty terrible but check out my JSS is so high for no reason."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS