cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is a client trying to bribe me?

m-petrusevski
Miodrag P Member Since: Aug 6, 2015
1 of 8

A client I had a contract with wants the feedback I left him changed. The bad feedback was vastly based on him missing payment. Upwork Support has handled the situation and adviced us to find an amicable solution. The client has issued a payment now labeled missed payment + extra.

My question is whether Upwork would consider this as a bribe for me changing the feedback or would it be considered as an amicable solution, since the feedback was based on missed payment and now the client wants to correct it, thus sending the missed payment and me correcting the feedback.

I have sent this same message to Upwork Support and I am waiting for reply.

Thank you.

Regards,

Miodrag

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 8

It is not a bribe.

if you said he didn't pay, but then he did pay in full, you can remove that comment. Because there is no need to complain about his payments to you if he is paid up in full.

It sounds like he is trying to do the right thing by you. It is okay to cut him some slack.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 8

You do not need customer support's permission to change this feedback. You may change it yourself. You will not be penalized by Upwork for doing so.

m-petrusevski
4 of 8

I don't look for Upwork Support approval, I am merely asking whether I would be in jeopardy if I accept this payment, since the contract is over and the client never set up a new milestone for the last work I did for him, so that the payment would be explained.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 8

uuuh that's not a bribe. That's what people in my country call "paying what you owe."

m-petrusevski
6 of 8

I am asking about Upwork rules.

To get a clearer perspective: My client and I had an agreement that I send completed work and he sets up a milestone and releases funds immediately. However, since he did not set up a milestone for the last job and simply disappeared, Upwork has no record of any missed payment

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 8

Miodrag, I've never heard of a client offering money to get feedback changed. If a freelancer offers a refund for better feedback, it's a serious violation, but I doubt there's a specific rule against clients offering money for feedback, and I hope Upwork team has more important things to investigate, but you're being cautious so wait until Monday and perhaps a moderator will give you an official answer. 

Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
8 of 8

Looking at the feedback you both left for each other it actually sounds like a genuine misunderstanding.

give the client a break. Nobody is perfect, including you..... and I, and everyone.

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS