thedcoder

Is a digital billing statement valid for identity verification?

Hi, I have been asked to verify my identity and I am currently in the process of gathering my documents. Upwork requires 2 scanned documents:

"You will need to scan two documents in order to verify your identity."

1. Your current, valid government-issued photo ID
  2. A recent billing statement

(Source)

I have a scanned copy of my Government ID card but I have a digital copy of my ISP's billing statement from the last month, I downloaded it from their website. It is an HTML file and I could have printed it and scanned it, but is it really necessary for me to do that?

Thanks in Advance 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Damon,

It looks like you were asked to verify your profile and not your identity, based on the information from the notification you received. Please check the message our team sent you and follow their instructions in order to complete the verification process, for which you don't need the documents you mentioned.

Untitled

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Damon,

It looks like you were asked to verify your profile and not your identity, based on the information from the notification you received. Please check the message our team sent you and follow their instructions in order to complete the verification process, for which you don't need the documents you mentioned.

Untitled

Oh! Looks like I have misunderstood the email I recieved, thanks for the clarification Vladimir Smiley Very Happy