🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is any one else facing the issue of not g...
Page options
webnetsolutions
Community Member

Is any one else facing the issue of not getting interviews instead of applying on projects?

Hi everyone

I am Tahir Mushtaq and I am top-rated plus developer on Upwork with 98 % Job success score. I have a strong profile and excellent reviews mostly with 5.0 score. I have successfully completed 570 plus projects.

For the last 1-2 months however, I have not been able to grab attention of the employers and not getting interviews on the submitted proposals. I am not new to this platform and have been working for over 12 years now.

I am not sure but things have gone real quiet. Is there any other fellow freelancer who is facing the same situation?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Tahir Mushtaq

12 REPLIES 12
tommy_f
Community Member

Hello Tahir,

Yes, I seem to be experiencing the same thing although I have less experience on Upwork than you. 

I was getting at least 1 interview for every 3 - 4 proposals until 3 weeks ago and then nothing.  

Wondering is there is a broken feature on Upwork that is causing this.

"To be, or not to be- that is the question: ..." Shakespeare

Hi Tommy

Thanks for your reply. I did talk to Upwork support on this but it was mentioned there is nothing on their end. But clearly, there are no invitations coming in and no interviews. I am quite concerned about this situation.

Thanks

Tahir

Thank you for checking with support, Tahir. I suspect that maybe an update introduce a bug that affected some of us. 

I mean even you with 570 projects should be getting some invites and interviews. It is defintely out of the norm.

I am going to push to get support to acknowledge an issue with Upwork, because this is affecting freelancers' business.
-Tommy

tommy_f
Community Member

Hi, fellow freelancers,

Some of us freelancers are recently experiencing a drop in invites and interviews. I myself went from getting at least 1 interviews for every 3 - 4 proposals(this took a long time to get there) to nothing from the past 3 weeks. Even an freelancer with a JSS of 98 and 570 projects suddenly stopped receiving invites and interviews.

Do anyone else have this experience?  I am wondering if Upwork got updated or did they change something?

Thanks Tommy. Really appreciate. 

No problem, Tahir.

I mean we work really hard to build our freelancing business with Upwork to just let this slide. I can understand that we will not get a certain percentage of invites and interviews, but when it drops to 0% percent then something need to be checked out. 

Plus, Upwork doesn't get their cut when we win clients. We don't know how many freelancers is affected. Say, 100 freelancers are affected and each freelancer bring in fees of $400 U.S. dollar a month. Time that by 100, that is $40,000 a month worth of fees. Hopefully this will get Upwork's attention and get an audit of the system to determine the root cause.

xrmsquared
Community Member

I had been experiencing the same thing a few weeks ago, after a while not really being active on the platform. However, after picking up a new client things started to change, and began getting a steady stream of responses and interviews.

Next problem for the unattached, soloist, gigging freelancer... people wanting something for nothing, interviewing dozens of freelancers in order to scoop up years of experience without payment, scammers looking for free work outside of Upwork, and scammers asking for bank details & copies of passports... (whilst not requiring even to be identity-verified themselves by Upwork).

Boy, am I learning some patience, diligence & discernment right now.

And learning to stick with the really good clients.

All the best, chaps. It's a bit wild out there.

webnetsolutions
Community Member

Thanks for your response Anthony..

I am pushing hard on my end and submitting proposals on a daily basis. Still not sure where the problem might be as apparently everything is looking good including my JSS and Top rated plus badge etc. Seems like I am shooting my proposals in the air or something. 

Hoping to get responses from the clients soon.

Thanks again. 

Tahir

emmamclaren
Community Member

The quality isn't fantastic lately generally and a lot of "champagne on beer budgets" - people wanting 1500 words for $10 etc. There's some good ones out there, but it seems to have slowed down quite a lot. 

I agree with that. 

Hi Tahir,

Support told me that there is no issue and that I should be able to receive messages if a client response to a proposal. 

So, I ask if they would send a test job and have me apply to see what happened. 

Hopefully they will agree and maybe it will give us insight into the no invites or interviews cause.

Hi Tommy

Ok sure. Let me know how that goes.

Thanks

Tahir

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths