cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone able to delete file uploads I messaged?

Anna S Member Since: Dec 26, 2017
1 of 15

I recently shared some files with a potential client that I would not like shared with them anymore, as I found out I will not be able to do the job they are requesting. I do not want them to have continued access to these files. I cannot delete the uploads sent through the message as I thought I would be able to do, but was wondering if someone (an admin) is able to do this?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 15

Hi Anna, 

I'm checking with the team if it is possible to do it on their end. I will let you know if I have more information.

-Avery
Untitled
Esraa A Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
3 of 15

Can you please provide me an answer on this question. 

I have recently canceled a project with a freelancer. I would like to have my files deleted. Is it possible?

thank you.

4 of 15

The Upwork team ended up emailing me and submitting a "ticket" for this. They are still in the process of taking care of it. I'm not sure if they could do the same for you?

It's very nice of them to delete these files for me, but I do wish that we could do this ourselves. Is this a feature that might be available in the future?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 15

It is all very well deleting it from the message thread, but as 99% of the time it has been downloaded by then and / or is attached to the message email, it's probably relatively pointless...

6 of 15

This is true...it would be nice just in case, though, but that's just my own opinion. Some don't read the messages for some time.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 15

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our team.

Untitled
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
8 of 15

@Anna S wrote:

The Upwork team ended up emailing me and submitting a "ticket" for this. They are still in the process of taking care of it. I'm not sure if they could do the same for you?

It's very nice of them to delete these files for me, but I do wish that we could do this ourselves. Is this a feature that might be available in the future?

The ability to unilaterally alter message threads and document exchanges would pretty much eliminate the advantage of keeping communication in Upwork messaging for documentation purposes.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 15

@Tiffany S wrote:

@Anna S wrote:

The ability to unilaterally alter message threads and document exchanges would pretty much eliminate the advantage of keeping communication in Upwork messaging for documentation purposes.

I edit half of my messages due to a phenomenon called "Seeing the typo at the very split second I press send..." It's already possible to edit messages, but there is a time-limit. Can't remember how long it is.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
10 of 15

Isn't it cut off once the message is read, though?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS