kayleadbetter

Is anyone else having trouble accessing messages?

Everytime I try to go into my messages with a client it keeps saying error. I was able to get passed that at one point, but it wouldn't allow me to send any messages, and now it's back to the error popup. Anyone else experiencing this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, that's answered my question as well ๐Ÿ™‚

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
katrinabeaver

My messages are working at the moment, but I did get an email a few minutes ago that stated some parts of Upwork was experiencing problems. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

And right after I wrote this my messages quit working too lolol

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kayleigh,

Katrina is correct, the team just recently identified an issue that is causing problems loading certain pages. They are currently addressing it. You can check this page for updates.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, that's answered my question as well ๐Ÿ™‚

This is what i am getting when i go to view messages.

key: code, value: 500
key: type, value: SERVER_ERROR
key: logMessage, value: Exception occurred : transportLayerDS_workplaceConnectionsDS_GetPersons short-circuited and fallback disabled.

Hello!

I have the same error on my massage page now.

Having the same problem.

Valeria wrote:

Hi Kayleigh,

Katrina is correct, the team just recently identified an issue that is causing problems loading certain pages. They are currently addressing it. You can check this page for updates.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

This is definitely an inconvenience.  I interviewed with a potential Client earlier that stated he'd get back with me soon.  He stated he'd contact me via Upwork.  I told him that normally that would be best but that unfortunately Messaging was currently down and shared my personal email and telephone # with him "just in case" as I don't want to miss his follow up.  Hopefully Messaging will be up again very soon (and stay up).   Any "nudges," etc. you can give the team would be sincerely appreciated, Valeria.  It appears that many of us are affected by this.  Thank you. 

arte_graphics

I am getting the same error.

i can click on freelancers tab but not messages. if i do get,, it's going to be a miracle. I thought it was my computer so I restarted and same. I tried to search online apparently it's an issue.

p_blondbueno

Me too, same error since 1 hour now...

naomi-tyrie

I'm having this same issue now. Is anyone else? I can't view my messages on my laptop or through the app on my phone. I also didn't receive the usual email notification about a message from a client.

Same here

Hi Naomi and others,

We are aware of the issues with the Messages and the team is working on fixing it. You can check status and updates here.

Sorry about the inconvenience and frustration this is causing you.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria,

Please, when the problem is solved, comment it here and in the other threads in which it is speaking of the same thing.
That way we'll get a warning message.
I can not be watching again and again if it works or not.
Thank you,
Maria

Of course, Maria. We'll update the threads once the issue is resolved.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks.

Now working.

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
m_terrazas

I'm having the same problem during hours.
A great problem.

Some solution, please. I need to use the messages urgently.

lrogden

Having the same issue, can't get to messages at all, just this: 

key: code, value: 500
key: type, value: SERVER_ERROR
key: logMessage, value: Exception occurred : transportLayerDS_roomsDS_GetRoom short-circuited and fallback disabled.

Does anyone know when it will be fixed?

Still doesn't work. I have a job interview and I can't reply to client's recent message. I don't like to complain, but these bugs seem to be growing worse as times goes by. There's not been a day without some error on the site. 

enzomoliniari

I contacted with a agent. It has a Active incident. You can monitoring his at https://status.upwork.com/

@Lorenzo P wrote:

I contacted with a agent. It has a Active incident. You can monitoring his at https://status.upwork.com/

Thanks for posting Lorenzo.

I've been trying to send a file to my client via messaging for about two hours.

Can we have some more exact incident descriptions on the status page please.

For example - 'You are unable to send messages' instead of 'Areas of Upwork aren't running as fast as we expect'

Messaging is a VERY important function for freelancers and clients. It's one of the main functions of a freelancer platform.

Please get it fixed as soon as possible.

Please 'tell it like it is' on the staus page instead of some innocuous phrase about running speed.

Now Status says it just does not function at all.

lionrubio

๐Ÿ˜ž

This is a huge problem, I have 2 urgents job by today and the upwork platform doesn't work.
I dont know what can I do if my client give a bad feedback for this issue

๐Ÿ˜ž

I don't think clients can access the message center either, so maybe you'll be okay.

@Leonardo R wrote:

๐Ÿ˜ž

This is a huge problem, I have 2 urgents job by today and the upwork platform doesn't work.
I dont know what can I do if my client give a bad feedback for this issue

๐Ÿ˜ž

Working now.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

All,

The issues have been resolved and you should be able to use Messages now.

Please, let us know if you are experiencing further issues.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
7bcc407c

I have had this problems for the past couple of days - a productivity problem. I see messages about this same problem in 2016 but not 2017. Am I the only one?

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elizabeth,

Could you please submit a support request and provide more details about the problem you're experiencing? Also, please indicate if you have issues with messages you post on your mobile app, on your browser or when replying directly from your email.

Untitled