🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is getting a 6-figure job really possible...
Page options
freelancecesca
Community Member

Is getting a 6-figure job really possible with upwork?

It's kind of hard being a freelancer. Some clients might pause contracts with you when they don't have enough cash flow to support the employees. I wonder how it would be possible to get more clients at this point.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlsanders
Community Member

Lots of freelancers make six figures, but very rarely from a single client. The way you build a solid living as a freelancer is by establishing a stable of ongoing clients. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I doubt it. One client that pays that year after year, extremely hard if not impossible to find on a freelancing platform. Edit: you need to use your real name. 

df602768
Community Member

Perhaps. We all know you're talking about a particular freelancer.

Could be possible, but not from one contract. What most freelancers do, though, is that after some time, they scale their profile/business by working outside Upwork. In a way, they use their Upwork profile as a portfolio showcase.

Are we? 

I guess it's possible if you outsource almost all your work, but you still need to find good clients to keep your pipeline full. 

I doubt that many successful freelancers are using their Upwork profile as a "showcase" for those outside Upwork, since what non-Upwork clients see isn't the full profile, and the portfolio on Upwork is so terribly cumbersome and unpleasant to look through.

kmr09c
Community Member

This is absolutely possible. I know freelancers who make 6-figures on here, no outsourcing but their hourly fee is a premium and they take on only big projects. So they do not have 1000 jobs at a time. They take on big clients, those clients have huge contracts that take months and they continually re-hire for future work. 

Sure, but she was asking specifically if one jobs can create this income.

tlsanders
Community Member

Lots of freelancers make six figures, but very rarely from a single client. The way you build a solid living as a freelancer is by establishing a stable of ongoing clients. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members