🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is he trying to scam me?
Page options
hurrell-jordan
Community Member

Is he trying to scam me?

Hi,

Client says they wanted to hire me for a job, they sent the script for a video they wanted me to film, telling me me everything was fine.

They then proceeded to ask when I would have the video finished and sent, but before I began, I politely asked for him to accept my application, that’s when he declined my proposal and ignored any responses asking for an explanation. I’m confused and suspicious as to why that had happened.

Their payment method wasn’t confirmed leading me to think they were trying to get it done for free?

Many thanks,
Jordan

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Not much of a "scam."

Sounds like a goofball trying to get free work. Flag the job post as trying to get free work.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Yes, it sounds like they're looking for people to do videos without being hired first (also, they're soliciting fake reviews for their website?). Flag it as inappropriate and let Upwork look into it.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jordan, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience in Upwork. I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

I also recommend that you flag the job post so that it goes to the team's queue for their review. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths