🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is hire rate of client is reliable?
Page options
c16d32a8
Community Member

Is hire rate of client is reliable?

Hi,

I only apply for projects where the client has hire rate of more than 60%. Yesterday I was looking at a project which I am very much interested in, but the client has hire rate of 40% and has 4 open jobs. I decided to dig deep and looked at the Open jobs. In those 4, the client already hired freelancer for 2 jobs, yet those jobs are still in "Open" state for whatever reason. I got confused. My question is, is hire rate a reliable indicator while applying for job? I don't like to waste connects on clients who may or may not hire. 

1 REPLY 1
yitwail
Community Member

Karthiga B wrote:

I decided to dig deep and looked at the Open jobs. In those 4, the client already hired freelancer for 2 jobs, yet those jobs are still in "Open" state for whatever reason. I got confused.  

Karthiga, I can't tell you if hire rate is reliable, but even when a client has already hired a freelancer, unless they close (not cancel) the job, or change the job visibility to Private, the job will be displayed when you do a job search. I've also looked at several Upwork tutorials meant for new clients, and none of them mention doing this, even though it would help freelancers if the client closed the job when they're no longer hiring anyone else.