🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is it a JOKE!
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

Is it a JOKE!

I am very upset about this. A few days ago, I have seen this client has posted 88 jobs and hired only one! My mind said I should flag this and I flagged this! Today I can again see him with 92 job posts and hired one! In his every job post, he invites many freelancers, interviewed and then doesn't hire anyone. Is it a joke! Today, I again flagged this and found this notice after flagging "Access denied, This job is private. Only freelancers invited by client can view this job."

c.JPG

What this is happening? And if Upwork can kick a Freelancer's JSS within a few months if there is no transaction in an open contract, then how come a client posts 92 jobs and hires only one! And he is doing this for the last 3 months! And how come nothing happened to their accounts even after flagging for two times! Is this very normal? Or am I very wrong - A client can post jobs as many as he wants and will not hire. Is it a social media platform or a professional platform?

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rafsun,

We appreciate your raising this concern. All flagged jobs and accounts are reviewed by the team and action is taken if there are any violations. I will also follow up with the team about this reported client.

Additionally, just like JSS reflects freelancer's reputation on Upwork and is there to help clients make hiring decisions, client's reputation is also reflected in the about the client section of their job posts - hire rate, total spent, total jobs, etc. We encourage freelancers to review that section before they send a proposal for a job or reply to an invite. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
prestonhunter
Community Member

What is your basis for wanting to flag this job posting?

You must not flag a client or job posting simply because how he hires does not match your personal preferences.

What Upwork rule is he violating?

Preston H wrote:

What is your basis for wanting to flag this job posting?

You must not flag a client or job posting simply because how he hires does not match your personal preferences.

What Upwork rule is he violating?

Didn't you get the memo? It's $CURRENT_YEAR and feelings are actionable now.

Rafsun:

Upwork provides freelancers with LOTS of helpful information.

The job posting you are referring to showed freelancers that this client has a 2% hiring rate.

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 12.39.30 PM.png

92 jobs posted, with a 2% hiring rate... If a freelancer decides to apply to this client's job posting, it is her choice.

I think that it's worth flagging the project so that Upwork will perhaps investigate whether the client is hiring freelancers off the platform. It seems unlikely that a client would keep posting jobs and not hiring anyone, just for funsies.

If UW doesn't have any rules against these kinds of clients, then UW must should create rules against these kinds of clients! You said: 4.JPG

From the last 3 months, this client is continuously posting jobs and hired only one! And already from the last 5 or 6 months, UW client's quality has dropped enormously. A big percent of them don't respond, don't hire anyone! They just post jobs here. Shouldn't it be a basic qualification of a client's account where they must have to have a minimum standard of hiring percentage! 

OH MY GOD!!!

92 JOP POSTS AND HIRED ONLY ONE!!!

I can't believe this! UW should think about this! 

It is fine for you to have a personal objection to this sort of client.

The proper place to discuss it is here in the Community Forum. You are doing that.

You are doing the right thing.

You simply can't flag job postings that do NOT violate Upwork rules.

If you believe that clients should be suspended when they post too many jobs without hiring people, or when they sent too many invitations or accept too many proposals, then that's a valid argument to make. Let's discuss that here in the Forum.

Preston H wrote:

It is fine for you to have a personal objection to this sort of client.

The proper place to discuss it is here in the Community Forum. You are doing that.

You are doing the right thing.

You simply can't flag job postings that do NOT violate Upwork rules.

Yes he can, he has.

If you believe that clients should be suspended when they post too many jobs without hiring people, or when they sent too many invitations or accept too many proposals, then that's a valid argument to make. Let's discuss that here in the Forum.

I think the OP's concern is prefectly reasonable. Here is a client with not far off a 1% hiring rate and it's not as though they've only posted a couple of jobs...How does this benefit anyone? The information provided by Upwork is very helpful, and I wouldn't consider applying for a job posted by the client because of it, but I don't think it would be unreasonable for Upwork to do some gentle digging and try to establish what is going on...'why are you posting so many jobs when you seemingly have little or no intention to hire via the platform...?'

Are they all different jobs?

Or is it the same posting times 92?

When clients post the same job more than once it's actually considered 'spamming the platform'.

And those duplicate postings used to get taken down after flagging them. Also, Upwork has stated a few times that they do monitor clients with particularly poor hiring rates.

tlbp
Community Member

Rafsun, As an intelligent and observant small business owner, you were quickly able to surmise that this client was not one with whom you would want to work. Do you not trust your fellow freelancers to be equally skilled at screening potential clients? Upwork is a platform for finding leads. That some of those leads are better than others is something to be expected.

Businesses that want only fully-vetted, high-quality leads using pay a high price per lead or take the work in-house. In the case of Upwork, they are only offering you a list of potential business opportunities, you are the in-house worker who must evaluate each one. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rafsun,

We appreciate your raising this concern. All flagged jobs and accounts are reviewed by the team and action is taken if there are any violations. I will also follow up with the team about this reported client.

Additionally, just like JSS reflects freelancer's reputation on Upwork and is there to help clients make hiring decisions, client's reputation is also reflected in the about the client section of their job posts - hire rate, total spent, total jobs, etc. We encourage freelancers to review that section before they send a proposal for a job or reply to an invite. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Great! Thank you!

rafsun_ug
Community Member

So they did a century! 2 weeks ago I posted a message in this community about this client. At that time, the client posted 92 jobs and hired one. I noticed that this client is continuously posting the same job and their story is now 100 Jobs post and they hired only one with a 1% hiring rate!

a.JPG

They just take some interviews, invite people and in the end don't hire anybody. I flagged that several times. I understand, UW needs these kinds of clients but what will you do with these kinds of clients, Upwork? Or please tell me a way so that this kind of UW Historical Client doesn't ever fall at the front of my eyes! Is there any way to block?

**edited for Community Guidelines**

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rafsun, 

If you have already reported the client, and there are no issues with their account upon the team's review, it's very likely why you are seeing the client and their job posts in your job feed. 

I will go ahead and check the client, and their job posts with the team so that I can follow up on your report.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths