🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is it a glitch?
Page options
lrmessing
Community Member

Is it a glitch?

Job posters names seem to have disappeared from my submitted proposals. Is this a glitch, is it just something wrong with my account, or has Upwork decided to hide those names from freelancers, even though we've spent connects to submit a proposal and that info can help us glean a little more info on a potential client?

40 REPLIES 40

As I said, what a shame that **Edited for Community Guidelines** can guide the policies of UW and harm hard-working, respectable freelancers. Apparently there's no other way to deal with these people (like, oh, I don't know, banning anyone who is discovered or reported by clients to be contacting them this way, etc.) than to remove a useful tool that benefitted those of us who like to know the tiniest bit of info about the client to whom we've spent valuable time and $ (connects) submitting a proposal.

When I was in sixth grade, someone stole my math teacher's textbook. Until it was found two days later, we all had to sit in a dark classroom from which all artwork and anything else aesthetically pleasing was removed from the walls, and my teacher, whom we all adored, refused to speak to any of us or continue teaching. Needless to say, the 'prank' of the two boys who'd done it resulted in harm to all, but we also never thought of the teacher in quite the same way.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths