cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it allowed for upwork profile and bank account to belong to different people?

warmon
Vital F Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
1 of 6

Hello!

I work together with my collegue from another country. We decided that it will be more convinient for us to set my collegues bank account details to get wire transfer. At this time we work by my profile. So can you please give me information if it's allowed for upwork profile and bank account to belong to different people?

Thank you!

Best regards, Vital

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Vital,

No, that is not allowed and neither is operating as a team from a freelancer account. Your team member/s need to create their own Upwork freelancer profile/s and you need to create an Agency, in order to add them and get the chance to work together as a team once a client hires each of you separately for the same contract.

I'll ask someone from our team to follow up with you directly and assist you with this.

Untitled

View solution in original post

warmon
3 of 6

It's so sad. Thanks a lot for a fast and clear reply!

mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
4 of 6

Perhaps you should investigate the agency angle before giving up Vital.  It may work for you.

mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
5 of 6

Hi Vital. 

I speak under correction, but I believe it is against the ToS for your friend to work under your profile.  You need to each have a profile and create an agency(?).

I don't know anything about agencies, but assume that the agency can have it's own bank account - so you could use your friend's bank account for the agency.

BUT it is best to wait for a reply from a moderator. 

ETA:  Ok there you go Vital the expert has spoken Smiley Happy

warmon
6 of 6

-deleted message-

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS