cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it bad for your JSS when a client doesn't leave a review and you end the contract yourself?

abronic
Adrian B Member Since: Aug 19, 2016
1 of 5

Hi guys,

this one has been bugging me for a while. Overall I'm very happy on upwork and have not had a single negative experience yet (knock on wood Smiley Wink ).

However, there have been a few jobs which I had completed successfully, got paid, but the clients just never bothered to end the contract and leave a review. After several months I now had around 4 jobs like that qued up as 'still in progress', even though they really just consisted of me occasionally and politely asking the client to end the contract and leave a review - but again, no response. 

Naturally I was worried about how this would affect my job success score, which was always around 90%, even though I never had a bad review, so I thought it must have been due to those open jobs! So now I went ahead and ended the open contracts myself. I doubt that any of the clients will bother responding, so my question is, how does any of this effect my job success score? I mean, it seems sensible that ending silent contracts is better than just keeping it open for months and months.

Any clarification here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 5

I believe that closing a job yourself has less impact than leaving it dormant for ages.

Also, you may be interested in this: Your Job Success Score on Upwork

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
lascap_01
Community Guru
Pascal S Member Since: Mar 23, 2016
3 of 5

Hi 

i was told that closing contract ourself is not recommended because the client is more likely to not leave a feedback.

altough only one job without a feedback is not that bad but many is afecting badly the JSS

P.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 5

@Pascal S wrote:

Hi 

i was told that closing contract ourself is not recommended because the client is more likely tonot leave a feedback.

altough only one job without a feedback is not that bad but many is afectling badly the JSS

P.

That's true, but to a certain extent, you can offset no feedback with upcoming work/feedback.

I have too many open contracts - and am not sure which ones to close down first!!

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
5 of 5

I have closed open contracts without it affecting my JSS.  My advice, however, is don't close a bunch at one time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS