🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is it going to be hard to find jobs with...
Page options
chris_hecker
Community Member

Is it going to be hard to find jobs with a JSS of 79 percent?

My JSS has dropped from 86% down to 79% today and I fear unless I can get some jobs under my "belt" with good feedback that it's going to fall even further on the next JSS update in two weeks.

Just had another feedback a later today (Sunday, November 25th) of 4.8 (4 for Quality) but with a private message that they were less than happy with my work. So I have a feeling that their private feedback to Upwork is going to be less than stellar.

I also have one job that I was awarded on Friday that I still haven't been able to start because I have not received the audio file yet  from the client. The client is a company and the person that I'm dealing with who works for this company is waiting to hear back from "management," to confirm that they've received my electronic NDA which I have filled out twice now.

I know that I never ever should have accepted the project without having the audio file first. They said though that they couldn't send me the audio file until I signed the NDA and accepted the contract, so I reluctantly agreed to that.

I have 11 jobs now with public feedback, all but two five-star, many with glowing reviews of my work.

Is my JSS of 79 percent going to make it difficult for me to find work in the future on Upwork?

2 REPLIES 2
robin_hyman
Community Member

Chris H wrote:

My JSS has dropped from 86% down to 79% today and I fear unless I can get some jobs under my "belt" with good feedback that it's going to fall even further on the next JSS update in two weeks.

Just had another feedback a later today (Sunday, November 25th) of 4.8 (4 for Quality) but with a private message that they were less than happy with my work. So I have a feeling that their private feedback to Upwork is going to be less than stellar.

I also have one job that I was awarded on Friday that I still haven't been able to start because I have not received the audio file yet  from the client. The client is a company and the person that I'm dealing with who works for this company is waiting to hear back from "management," to confirm that they've received my electronic NDA which I have filled out twice now.

I know that I never ever should have accepted the project without having the audio file first. They said though that they couldn't send me the audio file until I signed the NDA and accepted the contract, so I reluctantly agreed to that.

I have 11 jobs now with public feedback, all but two five-star, many with glowing reviews of my work.

Is my JSS of 79 percent going to make it difficult for me to find work in the future on Upwork?

Your JSS of 79% will make it difficult but not impossible to find work on Upwork.  As you mention you shouldn't accept a job without having all the information you need.  Hopefully the client who gave you the private explanation to why they gave you 4 stars for quality provided some insight that will help you improve.

Wish you lots of luck!

Thank you so much Robin. Yes, the client did give me some inight to help me improve for sure.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths