cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it necessary to make a payment to the client before he will give me a license to work contract?

ninajoy719
Ace Contributor
Niña Joy D Member Since: Oct 11, 2017
31 of 38

Hello upwork same issue here i offer also to work from himby a $18 pero hours but he give me this requirement that i need to pay for licence from bosnia government. Same issue here do i deal this. 

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
32 of 38

It is a scam report it plz

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
33 of 38

Nina Joy and Lucky Lou,

We'll have the client and the job you both interviewed for reviewed as soon as possible and actions taken. Please, do not send any money to a client. Requesting freelancers to pay application fee is a violation of Upwork ToS.

Thanks for reporting!

~ Valeria
Upwork
lucky_1983_lou
Lucky Lou D Member Since: Oct 24, 2017
34 of 38
Your right. He offered me $18/h, i was so happy but then i consulted my friend if do i really need to pay for the work permit? Once she told me that it might be scam then i check right away in the google if that case is normal. Thanks that i found the answer and reported already to upwork.
ilennejavier
Ilenne J Member Since: May 26, 2017
35 of 38

Hello everyone,

I guess this scammers are striking again. I just received an offer for an interview for this job post: *** Edited for Community Guidelines *** then she gave me the FB link of their admin for my interview: *** Edited for Community Guidelines *** Please be aware co-freelancer.  Attached captured conversation.

Thanks,

Ilenne

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
36 of 38

I think the job has been delisted. But Ilenne, try not to engage with these people. Report them, block them and move on.  These scammer sharks swim the data entry waters in huge shoals.

ilennejavier
Ilenne J Member Since: May 26, 2017
37 of 38

Hi,

This job post is still on Upwork until now. I already withdrawn my proposal and just reported it and flag as inappropriate. *** Edited for Community Guidelines *** My concern is they can still gather more applicant.

Thanks,

Ilenne

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
38 of 38

Hello Ilene,

Thank you for sharing this with us. Please click here to help you avoid these questionable jobs.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS