johnochoa
Staff
Staff

Is it normal to have a starting JSS of 75%? My Rising Talent badge were gone and I have a JSS

Hello,

I just want to inquire if the initial JSS starts at 75%

Good day,

John

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jessicasimko

It could be normal... it just depends - there is no standard "starting JSS".  Your JSS is computed based on the public and private feedback of the jobs you have done thus far. 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
jessicasimko

It could be normal... it just depends - there is no standard "starting JSS".  Your JSS is computed based on the public and private feedback of the jobs you have done thus far. 

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the input. I just noticed that another freelancer near my location had the same situation. From Rising Talent in to a JSS of 75%, however, her JSS increase in to an 80% which is looking good. On my part, I am expecting a higher score base on the information available on my end (public feedbacks/reviews, scores from reviews and I also got a raise from two of my existing clients). I have no issue for now as long as my clients stays and have my JSS increase over time.

Again, thanks Jessica.

~John

If you don't mind, can you recall and share your first score? (JSS)

Thanks Jessica

Other freelancers can post your first JSS score if you want to so others who got their first JSS score can gather information .

If you want to.

~John

@John Noel O wrote:

If you don't mind, can you recall and share your first score? (JSS)

Thanks Jessica

Other freelancers can post your first JSS score if you want to so others who got their first JSS score can gather information .

If you want to.

~John

My first score was 100% but I had one with less than good private feedback, a few weeks after that, and it dropped to 92% for one job out of 7. 😞   But... the good news is... once you start doing a lot of jobs then one job doesn't hit your score near as hard.  I would guess your score is is lower maybe because of that one job without feedback and probably one with not-so-good private feedback. Jobs without feedback don't count against your score, unless there is a pattern of them but with only a few jobs there, I am not sure if that one hit your score or not. Maybe not because one less-than-good private feedback out of 5 would drop it 25% so that would explain it....

A very helpful insight Jessica. Thank you for your wisdom, as well as your time.

Hope my JSS increase over time.

Good day 🙂

John, you've only completed 4 jobs, but one of them has no feedback. That's probably why your Job Success is rather low. I assume you closed the contract yourself; do not do that. Let the client close contracts, because then they have to leave you feedback.

Hi John,

Nope I didn't closed the contract. I am 101% certain that the client close the contract. I thanked the client through the feedback, however, I got none in return.

I am also not sure which contract you are referring to, but to give you an idea, two of my existing the contracts increased my rate and only one contract is reflecting "May - present" the other one was just "May".

Thank you for sharing your knowledge John. I appreciate it.

~John

@John Noel O wrote:

Hi John,

Nope I didn't closed the contract. I am 101% certain that the client close the contract. I thanked the client through the feedback, however, I got none in return.

I am also not sure which contract you are referring to, but to give you an idea, two of my existing the contracts increased my rate and only one contract is reflecting "May - present" the other one was just "May".

Thank you for sharing your knowledge John. I appreciate it.

~John

The client could not have closed the contract because he/she would have been forced to leave feedback - they don't have to leave a comment but they do have to provide a rating in order to close it.  If you close it yourself, they don't ever have to leave feedback and if they don't, within 14 days of you closing it,  the "no feedback given" comment appears and then it's too late for them to leave it so try to get clients to close them first. It's such a pain though...

EDITED:

you can check my profile again guys. It is updated now and instead of having "no feedback", it indicates (May - present) due to the rate increase.

you inputs would be appreciated

~John

lysis10

shoulda seen the guy QQing about not having a JSS and then got one and it was 28% lol. They all want a JSS until they get one and then they QQ about it.

That's funny Jennifer. It made me laugh 🙂

I thought I'll get my JSS after 16 weeks. I am using my "Rising Talent" as a leverage in some of my cover letters. It seems that I my JSS should increase through my keeping existing clients so I will not encounter any issue in the future if I will look for another project.

Do you have an update regarding that individual? maybe he/she crawl his/her way to be a top freelancer or not. Funny though.

I appreciate your inputs Jennifer 🙂

Best

~John

@John Noel O wrote:

I thought I'll get my JSS after 16 weeks. I am using my "Rising Talent" as a leverage in some of my cover letters.

You are no longer "Rising Talent" so you can't use it as leverage. The low JSS also rules you out of the Premium programs.

Hi Petra,

Yes, I can no longer do that. No worries, I'll just move on and increase my JSS over time.

Good day

~John

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi John,

There's no starting base for a Job Success Score, which is from the onset calculated based on the contracts a freelancer has had.

Untitled

Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for sharing that information man. It seems that I need to earn again those premium programs and get a high JSS.

Papa bless!

~john

johnochoa
Staff
Staff

Update:

Been having a steady JSS increase (94% as of the moment and will update after 2 weeks) since I inquire if a JSS of 75%. I was also accepted back in the Premium programs (Top Rated this time instead of Rising Talent).

I would like to thank the insights I got from you guys.

Best,

John