cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it ok to share my Birthday with a contracted client?

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
11 of 19

Jennifer M wrote:

No, give them a fake birthday. Don't give them a real one.

I agree.  No reason to give them the real one.  

The other advice I would give is to always remain vigilant.  People are social engineered to give up information all the time and it starts with a simple piece of mostly innocuous info.  It is taking advantage of your natural thought process...

Should I trust someone with this?  Yeah, I guess what can they really do with it.  Ok...

I will trust them.

Then the next question comes and you roll with it.

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
12 of 19

I dunno, but they don't need that info.

They needn't have asked for it, either.

Usually when a client has too much info about you than they actually need for the purposes of that contract, the contract has a greater tendency to end south.

So, my final analysis is, nope.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
13 of 19
Why can't you just open the Facebook account yourself? I don't see why they'd need to do it for you. What does the job involve?
Jennifer C Member Since: Aug 30, 2019
14 of 19
Admin assisting. So helping manage posts, pages, etc.
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
15 of 19
Okay, so why can't you just open the account yourself?
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
16 of 19

Christine A wrote:

It's actually a good idea for them to do it because they can keep control of it if she leaves. If she owns it, they lose it when she leaves if she decides to keep it. 

But she should give them a fake birthday. This is one of those things where what they don't know won't hurt them. Not even worth arguing about it. Just give them a fake one and they'll never know.

Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
17 of 19

Jennifer M wrote:

Christine A wrote:

But she should give them a fake birthday. This is one of those things where what they don't know won't hurt them. Not even worth arguing about it. Just give them a fake one and they'll never know.

It's not just about them. It's also about the person giving the info. She might not feel comfortable giving anybody fake info on anything.

If this is the case with the OP, what will she do?

ETA: Ans: She shouldn't do anything beyond what she has already done.

They should open it themselves anyhow they can, without Jennifer C. having to supply them a DOB. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
18 of 19

Abinadab A wrote:

It's not just about them. It's also about the person giving the info. She might not feel comfortable giving anybody fake info on anything.

If this is the case with the OP, what will she do?

ETA: Ans: She shouldn't do anything beyond what she has already done.

They should open it themselves anyhow they can, without Jennifer C. having to supply them a DOB. 

Nobody should feel bad about giving fake info in this case. It's not personal and it's not gonna make or break anyone. Arguing over it with the client might change the tone though, so I wouldn't say anything and just give them a fake one.

I do it every time in these cases. Give them a fake birthday and move on and take the money. This is not a battle worth fighting at all.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
19 of 19

I agree with Jennifer and moreover why not just to tell the person to pick a date as you don't really want to provide that info. If they protest one has to wonder why they would care....

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS