cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it okay to sign a writing agreement, sent to my personal email off of Upwork?

jtr101

Just wondering, because I'm told you shouldn't really take activities regarding jobs off of Upwork. Just making sure is all. It might be okay, because I think the work is kept on Upwork. 

Update: Y'all can see some of the message for yourselves, just to potentially get a better understanding of what I mean. I'm not saying the client is a scammer, by the way. 

2 REPLIES 2
sergio-soria
Community Guru

Though extra agreement is not considered something bad, for example some clients have agreements regarding confidentiality, offering a 5-star review beforehand does look like a scam. And they don't need your e-mail address either. They could send you an agreement through the Upwork chat.

aocumen

Hi Jerome, 

I'm sorry for the delay in our response. Please know that the job post has been removed, and actions have been taken on the client's account for violating the Upwork User Agreement. 

Please check the freelancer resources we compiled and tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS