🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Is it possible to have two upwork profile...
Page options
mmorini
Community Member

Is it possible to have two upwork profiles on one computer?

I am trying to help my sister make her own profile from my computer, and although we created a totally different profile with different phone numbers and information, it keeps bringing up mine to edit and making a bit mixup mess of the two. Is a possible that a service so organized would make sharing a computer for two profiles so difficult and messy?

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Marilena M wrote:

I am trying to help my sister make her own profile from my computer, and although we created a totally different profile with different phone numbers and information, it keeps bringing up mine to edit and making a bit mixup mess of the two. Is a possible that a service so organized would make sharing a computer for two profiles so difficult and messy?

Because they assume that not very many freelancers will be sharing one device. It should work if you log off from your respective accounts every time. You are not saying you accessed your sister's account, are you? Don't. 

You and your sister should start using separate login accounts for the COMPUTER itself.

no the problem is we don't want to share the account, but when I log off
mine and try to create her profile, it loads my profile instead

re: "when I log off mine and try to create her profile, it loads my profile instead"

Don't try to create an account for somebody else.

And don't simply log out of your account and then let somebody else try to use Upwork.

Go beyond that.

Log out of the local computer account.

Whether you are using Mac OS X, Windows or Linux, you can have separate accounts on the local computer.

Every user should have their own account for logging into every local computer. If you do that, then the low-level hidden settings and files such as cookies and browser preference files will not be shared, and you won't risk conflicts or confusion with other people's stuff.

Got it. Thanks!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members