cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Is it possible to reinstate account?

djohn73
John D Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
1 of 9

Hello,

I wish to know whether my brother's account **Edited for Community Guidelines** can be reinstated. Due to the account suspension, he has no means to communicate. Not even possible to post in this forum since the category selection is disabled. Hence this temporary account.

For some background information, his account was suspended two years ago with the reason stating that his skills are not in demand. Of course he used those skills to work on a couple of projects and be eligible for the rising talent badge and a job success score of more than 90. Unfortunately he had to stop work to continue his studies. From time to time he had sent proposals (not in the hope of getting hired) just to keep his account active. But that resulted in having a low contract wining ratio cumulating with an account suspension.

Fast forward a few years and now he got selected for a full time remote position. But unfortunately they are using Upwork as their hiring platform. So please inform whether it's possible to reinstate his account.

Hope for a quick reply!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 9

Hi John,

Unfortunately I can`t share details for another user with you. Your brother can refer to the details our team has shared with him on his tickets/emails. Thank you.

Untitled
djohn73
3 of 9

Hi Goran,

The problem is he has no means to establish communication with customer support as I said earlier. Tickets are marked as resolved and he did tried replying back one of those emails. It did add a new support ticket but, it was marked as resolved by the system immediately. 

If the client requests through customer support that he needs work done from him, will it be any help or is his account suspended for eternity?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 9

John D wrote:

is his account suspended for eternity?

"Permanent suspension" means "for ever"

djohn73
5 of 9

I do hope that's not the case. It sounds silly to permanently suspend someone just because his skills are not in demand. It implies that he won't have any new skills during his lifetime. I have read some threads related to account suspension where some are due to serious violations while some are for minor reasons which I think has been resolved by now.

I'm just waiting here to get a confirmation from someone in Upwork whether account restoration is possible or not since he needs to inform his client as soon as possible. Robot Sad

petra_r
Community Guru
6 of 9

John D wrote:

I do hope that's not the case. It sounds silly to permanently suspend someone just because his skills are not in demand.

There are far too many freelancers on Upwork already. There is no point keeping any that are no in demand.

There is an off-chance that Upwork MIGHT let the freelancer work for that particular client (and only, ever, for that one client) via the "bring your own freelancer" scheme. But that would mean he can not apply for other jobs or get hired by other clients.

Usually what you describe is simply a ruse to get suspended freelancers back on the site, and Upworks has long woken up to those stunts.

djohn73
7 of 9

Petra R wrote:

Usually what you describe is simply a ruse to get suspended freelancers back on the site, and Upworks has long woken up to those stunts.

Oh come on, you sound like I have done a serious offense speaking on behalf of him. 

This post is solely for the purpose of getting a clear answer whether it's possible or not to reinstate his account because AFAIK his account isn't visible to anyone. So how can a client send a contract to him just to be able to work only on that contract.

IIRC, it was mentioned that he could appeal if he had acquired other skills. His client wants him to work as a full stack developer. Your response implies that he is dumb and be like that for rest of his life. Smiley Mad

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 9

John D wrote:

Petra R wrote:

AFAIK his account isn't visible to anyone. So how can a client send a contract to him just to be able to work only on that contract.

As he is alledgedly already in communication with "his client" the client can (as I pointed out above) try and use the "Bring my own freelancer" function or contact Support if they would let the client hire that one freelancer under the "but only work with that one client" exception, if that client is really unable to find another freelancer among the millions on the site.

At any rate your "brother" or the alleged "client" need to sort ot out, Upwork will not discuss it with you / a random fake account.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 9

Hi All,

Thank you for participating in the discussion, the thread will be closed for further posts.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS