cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it required to upload a scan of your drivers license or ID

bfitz70
Brendan F Member Since: Nov 19, 2020
41 of 50

Mary W. get a clue.. such a **Edited for community guidelines** response from someone that has no clue about security. I chose not to use Upwork already, no need for the snide remark. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

777photographer
Julie G Member Since: Apr 18, 2020
42 of 50

A day or two after I signed up for Upwork, just to view potential gigs. Someone from Mountain View, California with the**Edited for community guidelines** hacked my LinkedIn account and had been in a session for 18 hours before I saw it and reported them. Today, because I was skeptical about going through with sending them a copy of my drivers license before accepting any jobs,  I decided to google the Better Business Bureau to see what type of information they had on Upwork. They have an A+ rating with 1 star customer reviews. Guess where they are located. Yep, Mountain View, California. Coincidence? I don't blame you for being protective of your identification.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
43 of 50

Hi Julie,

Could you please share more information via PM? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
44 of 50

Julie G wrote:

A day or two after I signed up for Upwork, just to view potential gigs. Someone from Mountain View, California with the**Edited for community guidelines** hacked my LinkedIn account and had been in a session for 18 hours before I saw it and reported them.

Guess where they are located. Yep, Mountain View, California.

So?

LinkedIn itself is in Mountain View

Google is in Mountain View

Alphabet is in Mountain View

So are countless other big tech companies.

777photographer
Julie G Member Since: Apr 18, 2020
45 of 50

LinkedIn is in Sunnyvale, California

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
46 of 50

Hi Julie, 

I checked your account and can see a member of the team has reached out to you to assist you further with your concern. Feel free to follow up on the same ticket thread at any time if you have further questions, or wish to share more information about your concern. 

Let me know if our team can assist you further here in the Community. 

~ Avery
Upwork
1c2e1760
Jose L Member Since: Jun 13, 2020
47 of 50

I am not a freelancer. I am trying to hire someone and I already got the email from Upwork stating that I submitted the "method of account". Why in the world, having in mind that I am not offering any service but only trying to hire someone, will I be required to provide my Driver's license or any other sensitive information alike? Again, I am not a freelancer. I am only trying to hire someone but the system makes it difficult to say the least. When you offer a service it makes sense but when all you want is click the button to hire someone and above that, Upwork already processed the method of payment account, why would someone be asked to provide a copy of a license? I am the one making the payment and the same is hold within an escrow account. Why woudl you need my license for? For the 3rd time, I'm not a freelancer but just trying to hire someone. No sense at all!! This is unsafe to say the least. Very risky!!

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
48 of 50

Hi Jose,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
designcraftive
Zulfiqar A Member Since: Jan 10, 2019
49 of 50

Hi,

Can you kindly confirm if I can submit US driving license for verification but for my safety can I hide the exclusive details such asfew driving license numbers and starting date etc.

Zulfiqar

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
50 of 50

Hi Zulfiqar,

The document you submit cannot be altered in any way.

Rest assured, access to the information you provide during verification is handled exclusively by Upwork agents who have passed strict background checks and our secure, third-party vendor’s automated checks.

~Andrea
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS