cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it the holidays or Odesk?

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
1 of 5

I generally get several invites a week when I set myself to available for a few hours a week. In the last two months I have received zilch for invites. I have turned it off and then back on as I noticed that made a difference a few months back, but lately nothing.

Is it the holiday or more stuff that Odesk is messing with? It just seems weird that I have not had a bite even for a weird job in several months. 

Anyone else noticing this happening with them? I am not referring to applying for jobs, just invites.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 5

The robots may have put you in the hidden bin but there's no way of knowing - they don't even know themselves...

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 5

Stephen,

I have no idea why I would be hidden as I not applying for jobs, but I guess Odesk doesn't know either.. lol..

It just seems weird as I generally get several invites a week when I turn on my availability. Not that I have had a lot of jobs out of the invites. Just found it weird that I was not getting any.

Yvette H Member Since: Jan 4, 2015
4 of 5

Yes, I only had one invite during december and none so far in Jan.  I depend on this to pay bills, while searching for perm employment.  It has been a tough dec-behind on everything... and jan not looking better. 

Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
5 of 5

Hmmm . So Stephen is suggesting that a robot is now hiding profiles in search results ??

This one can cause a lot of Panic Smiley Tongue

I am suffering with same. But then I am returning to odesk after almost an year so can't comment whether it is december or something else.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS