cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth upgrading to Freelancer Plus?

Highlighted
Sven I Member Since: May 31, 2019
1 of 7

Hi Everyone!

I'm sure this question has been asked hundreds of times... but
Is it worth upgrading to the Freelancer Plus membership?

I mainly want to upgrade as I like the idea of getting 70 connects each month, instead of having to buy at regular intervals.

I've only been on the Upwork platform for a couple of months. I literally joined 2 months before they changed up the proposal and connect system.
I've managed to land a few long-term jobs which has been a major win for me, but during my down-time, I like to propose on extra jobs as I like to keep myself busy.
I don't land many jobs either, I rarely get interviewed, so having extra connects each month will help to propose on more jobs, right?

Or is my logic flawed?

Let me know. I would love to hear everyone's opinions on the matter

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jonathan H Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

I'd say there is little point - you can buy the connects and save yourself some money if thats all you want.

the other so called benefits/....

"hide your earnings" - only once you apply to a job they are not hidden - so pointless

"see other bids" - only shows a range, and as the range is so far and wide its not really a benefit 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sven I Member Since: May 31, 2019
3 of 7

Jonathan H wrote:

I'd say there is little point - you can buy the connects and save yourself some money if thats all you want.

the other so called benifits/....

"hide your earnings" - only once you apply to a job they are not hidden - so pointless

"see other bids" - only shows a range, and as the range is so far and wide its not really a benefit 

That's what I was afraid of...
Thanks Jonathan for shedding some light for me!

Highlighted
Cherie Ann G Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 7

Like Sven here, I was close to clicking that Membership Plus. Good thing I didn't. Thanks for enlightening us. Because I don't really need 70 connects per month. It's just that I need it now but in the long run, it might not be as beneficial as I thought it would be to me now.

Highlighted
Muhammad U Member Since: Nov 14, 2019
5 of 7

Hi, I am new on Upwork and just heard about freelancers plus. is it beneficial for me?

looking for you guidance

Highlighted
Ashfaque A Member Since: Aug 20, 2019
6 of 7

Muhammad U I suggest don't as mentioned above the plus benefits are pointless.

Once you get a few jobs you won't be needing 70 connects every month so buy connect as much as you want without upgrading to plus.

Highlighted
AJIT M Member Since: Nov 10, 2019
7 of 7

I would say Freelance Plus is more beneficial for a person who have just joined. For he/she will be any way consuming lot of connects while searching for that first contract and to create a client base. 

You can have a customized profile URL and sometimes having an idea of the competitor bid range does give a slight advantage as to what to quote knowing what the majority of freelancers had applied at.

And it makes sense especially if you are in a regular basis buying lot of connects.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS