cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is limiting Connects working?

Community Guru
Stephen R Member Since: Jun 19, 2015
1 of 4

Just saw a logo job with 60 proposals in 5 hours.

They are offering to pay alot but i imagine the job will be bid way down.

So tell me, werent limiting connects suppose to limit proposals?

I have over a 100 and have a hard time applying due to low wages or suspect clients.

I also have 28 Submitted Proposals in limbo. Pretty awesome stuff.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

maybe it needs to be reduced again .....

it seems to depend on the category. Also it's the beginning of the month, so most quotas have just been renewed.

Last time I posted a job in an over-subscribed category I set it private after an hour because I could hardly keep up with the applications and it was getting stressful. Luckily there were two very promising applicants, who I asked to submit an initial idea (hired and paid for, obviously.)

But yes, I think it's working, and may not go far enough yet....

Community Leader
Sebastian N Member Since: Sep 22, 2015
3 of 4

How many of those 60 proposals were made by freelancers with a work history?

Might just be that most of those were created by duplicate accounts / bots. In that case limiting the connects for the free plan even further would help to some degree.

If most proposals are from legit freelancers, then the issue aren't connects but Upwork.

It's Upworks responsibility to attract well paying clients. If there are only a few good jobs then it's to be expected that all the contractors jump on it.

You are sitting on 100 connects yourself, the other 60 freelancers might be in the same boat.

I myself still  have 200 connects sitting here. Cat Indifferent

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
4 of 4

Sure, there's still a lot of proposals being submitted, but you've got to think to yourself... how many more would there be if there was no limit on proposals? 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS