🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is my Career over on Upwork?
Page options
chazam856
Community Member

Is my Career over on Upwork?

Hello Upworkers, Community Gurus, etc.
Hi to All,
I'm facing the same situation and a problem Just like 'ZAIN M' did say in his content. I mean I'm also feeling the same situation of losing hope on an Upwork of feeling is that the end of my career on an upwork?
I've submitted at least 30-50 proposals on different jobs and I didn't receive any job offer on a single project unless some of the clients came to me and just take an interview and hire someone else besides me. But none any other is hiring me now. I'm feeling that my low JSS is now overwhelming onto my Proposals and degrading my profile and I'm not being hired by any client even a single one of 5-10$ JOB. My JSS was first at 99% and due to this I have received lot of invites and also I was hired on my desired jobs but now there is nothing for me, no one is looking on my profile, not even a single client try to hire me due to my my low JSS which is 80% now.
I think my career is also going to an END due to this and not being hired by a single client of a low budget.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
PLEASE DOES ANYONE CAN HELP ME TO GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION? DOES ANYBODY COMMUNITY GURU CAN HELP ME OUT TO GET HIRED BY CLIENT(s)?
I'M TOO MUCH DEPRESSED AND FEELING DEMOTIVATED. I'M A JOBLESS PERSON AND I'VE NOTHING TO DO MORE THAT.
Regards.
Muhammad Azam Ch

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad A wrote:

I've submitted at least 30-50 proposals on different jobs and I didn't receive any job offer on a single project unless some of the clients came to me and just take an interview and hire someone else besides me. But none any other is hiring me now. I'm feeling that my low JSS is now overwhelming onto my Proposals and degrading my profile and I'm not being hired by any client even a single one of 5-10$ JOB. 

One terribly bad part of your profile is that nonense you wrote as the first paragraph. It draws attention to your JSS and is easily proven to be untrue, and makes clients look at your history where they find the bad feedback left to you.

Apart from that, any client willing to overlook your feedback and your JSS will finally be put off by that response to the 1 star feedback.

Yeah... responses to feedback usually don't help.

In theory, the concept of adding a response to bad feedback makes sense.

But in execution... freelancers typically foul things up with what they write.

alexis-arinze
Community Member

I have to agree with them. You're really not helping yourself out with the first paragraph. I would also figure out a way to delete that response to the 1 star feedback. There were several grammatical errors in it and you end up exactly proving the client's point.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Maybe it's time to try a different platform?  At some point if you're spending money on connects and not getting any work, you have to ask yourself if this is the right platform for you right now. 

Why would we try some other platform? The concern is not about money. I am willing to pay for connects but my JSS is wasting connect now. I used to get hired on every 3rd proposal but it has been  a worst nightmare for me since this drastic change in my JSS.

Upwork has professional Clients and big companies are searching for Freelancers on Upwork so why should we leave? Our concern is just reflect a proper JSS on our profiles so we can keep going or at least give a proper reason of this bad JSS. I have spent my days searching how to improve my JSS, I could have searched for other platforms as well but I do not want to leave Upwork. That's it

The problem is that my JSS is 79 without having a Single BAD CONTRACT You can visit my proflle and clearly see I have never received a Bad Feedback. There is only a 4.6 Star Feedback which was also sorted out by me and Client was satisfied while closing the contract. Still I have a JSS of 79? Don't tell me it is because of Private Feedbacks. 

I still do not understand why would cient leave a bad private feedback if he is satisfied in giving a public 5-Star Feedback and If I had also finished the job efficiently.  

Zain M wrote:

Still I have a JSS of 79? Don't tell me it is because of Private Feedbacks. 

You have had endless patient responses to your many, many posts asking the same questions over and over and over and over.

You have poor private feedback, or your private feedback percentage wouldn't be 79% just like your JSS.

Petra, You are just here to find out a reason to be rude to freelancers. I have seen a bundle of responses of you being rude.

Did I asked about why my JSS or Client recommendation is low in this post?

I just told a reason why would I not leave Upwork and I just meant to say why Upwork would allow some clients to ruin freelancer's career by leaving different private and public feedback?

Attention seeking threads are so 2015.

Zain M wrote:

Petra, You are just here to find out a reason to be rude to freelancers. I have seen a bundle of responses of you being rude.

Did I asked about why my JSS or Client recommendation is low in this post?

I just told a reason why would I not leave Upwork and I just meant to say why Upwork would allow some clients to ruin freelancer's career by leaving different private and public feedback?

Private feedback exists because some freelancers go crazy and harrass their clients if they receive a bad feedback review. 

And no, you didn't ask about why your JSS or private feedback is so low, but that's what you SHOULD be asking. Other freelancers have recovered from poor JSS scores, so it's not impossible. But first you have to figure out how to improve your performance and/or how to recognise and turn down difficult clients. That's something that you can actually get help and advice about. If you only want to complain that the JSS system is unfair and Upwork should change it, then go right ahead, but that's not going to solve your problem.

i used to think that "Community Guru" are here to help out Freelancers and to solve their queries but some of you are just telling freelancers to JUST LEAVE THE PLATFORM.

1- I just wanted to give an adivice that there should not be a difference private (one of  Community Guru also have same opinion) and public feedback or Private feedback should also have a good Impact on JSS

2- I asked about why it is low and I asked about how to improve it and some of Community Guru like

"Will" guided me well, but Petra is here to tell me that I am asking the same thing again. So, I explained it is not the same.

jenkfreelance
Community Member

Muhammad,

I 'm unable to offer much in the way of advice, but please try not to feel discouraged.

I like your design work- it is fresh, fun and vibrant.

One thing I have noticed in your portfolio, however, is that your photos take a long time to load.

Perhaps this is only because I am using IPad but I have tried in different browsers with still the same result.

I have cross-checked against other portfolio's on Upwork with a similar photo layout as yours and it does seem to be that your photos in particular take quite a while longer to load.

I would consider revamping your design images to a portfolio layout where each photo is visible as soon as the viewer is on the page.

Client's can have a low attention span and those few seconds too long that it takes waiting for your images to load could cause frustration, and a loss of potential clientele as they decide to move on elsewhere.

Another thing (which is just my personal opinion) I don't believe the green/coloured backgrounds are presenting your design work in the best light.

Perhaps consider using a plain white background or the one from this image of your’s that I have linked?

I agree with the posters that having that writing about your JSS is counter-productive (although I understand what you were hoping to do by placing it there).

Best wishes.

7D1C5CE0-A0B4-4E2D-9061-5CA42C9700E5.jpeg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths