cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my client instance on Upwork.com secure?

Neil G Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
1 of 4

Hello,

A recent proposal submission I made has me concerned about the security or validity of my web-based instance login on Upwork.com. There was one applicant to the task, me. The Client replied seeking some information. I believe this counts as the start of an interview, and would correspond with the one interview listed. And finally the reason the proposal was declined was 'just preferred other applicants'. Of which there were none. There was one hire though, so the client hired someone to complete the task. But not another applicant. Possibly a freelancer who had been worked with previously. Although the freelancer currently working the job is not one the client has given feedback to in the past, in 43 of 49 jobs which resulted in feedback. I have emailed the client in question, seeking confirmation. The images below show the job/client details I'm referencing.

On it's own, this is an unlikely event. It's happening along side many other instances of unlikely events on my PC. Enough to concern me with the possibility of a third party, finding unusually creative ways of wasting my time.

So this message is a request of Upwork administration, to check the corresponding job/client details on this task, with my screenshots, to establish whether there are any variations.

Sincerely,

Neil Gordon

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

re: "Is my client instance on Upwork.com secure?"

Yes.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3 of 4

How do you know that there were no other applicants? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 4

Tonya P wrote:

How do you know that there were no other applicants? 

He doesn't. The client clearly archived and ultimately declined all applicants, including the OP, and then spun a conspiracy theory out of the fact that archived and declined proposals are not counted under "Applicants" on the job post.

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS