🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is over-boosting your offers the best solutio...
Page options
154ba352
Community Member

Is over-boosting your offers the best solution?

Hello dear community.

To apply for a job, you have to boost your proposal to have a chance to be read and if possible to get a contract.

But I notice that some people boost their proposals in an exaggerated way. For example, for a job that requires 6 connects, some boost up to 100 connects. Does a better candidate with the skills for the job, but not enough connects, really have a chance of getting this job?

It's true that this benefits Upwork, but it would be better to frame this by also thinking about those people who have very good skills, but don't have enough resources to boost their proposal as much.

Thank you very much for your contribution

Moussa Fayama

7 REPLIES 7
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

If you think over-boosting works, let me assure you it does not! 

I have tried over-boosting, reasonable boosting and not boosting nothing seems to be working for me ever since the boosting system started! Before boosting life was good and the response rate from clients was satisfactory! 

Since the boosting system started, every job I worked on was either through a past client or by invitation received! 

Hi Dear Achraf

Thank you for sharing your own boosting experience. 

8467c28e
Community Member

Hi Moussa,

The boost system is designed to help freelancers stand out and increase their chances of being noticed by clients. By allocating more connects to a proposal, freelancers signal their high level of interest and commitment to the project. This can be particularly useful for those who are confident in their abilities and want to showcase their enthusiasm for a specific job.

It is important to remember that boosting is just one aspect of a successful proposal. A well-written and tailored proposal, along with an outstanding profile that highlights your skills, experience, and work history, are still the primary factors that clients consider when making their decision. In this sense, a candidate with the right skills and a compelling proposal may still have a good chance of getting the job even without a significant boost.

Furthermore, the boosting system can also help ensure that clients receive proposals from genuinely interested freelancers, which can lead to more successful collaborations in the long run. By allowing freelancers to invest more resources in the projects they are truly passionate about, clients can better identify top candidates who are likely to be dedicated and committed to delivering excellent work.

d9fc6d8d
Community Member

Boosting is completely useless. Decent clients just skip the boosted proposals, just like I skip the first 3 page results when I google something because I know they're ads.

I don't boost my proposals and yet around 80% of my proposals are opened and I've landed 6 contracts this month.

tlhogid
Community Member

This is good to know.

celgins
Community Member

It's true that this benefits Upwork, but it would be better to frame this by also thinking about those people who have very good skills, but don't have enough resources to boost their proposal as much.

Maybe, but Upwork does not evaluate freelancer skills since freelancers can, and often do, misstate their qualifications and falsify their skills.

Connects purchasing and boosting has helped Upwork generate revenues, but it appears that most freelancers and many clients don't like it very much.

jvbonzi
Community Member

I also do not boost my proposals and I didn't have a decline in my proposals responses.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members