cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is refunding money detrimental to my JSS?

protozzq
Milan N Member Since: May 8, 2016
1 of 4

Hello,

My client no longer needs my help, and, according to him, he won't be managing blog writers anymore. For that reason, he requested a refund ($10).

When I asked him why he did so, he said he left a good feedback (5 stars) but needs his money back.

Last time I accepted to give a refund, my JSS dropped by 20%, so I'm not sure if that was caused by negative private feedback, or by the very act of refunding money to the client?

That said, I'm not sure whether approving the refund will harm my JSS or not.

Here's a screenshot - **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks!

CEO at HIREQUARTERS
https://hirequarters.com/
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

Have you done the work? If so, it should be paid for.

Refunds as such do not affect your JSS, but "nothing paid on the contract in addition to no or poor feedback, private and / or public, " does

protozzq
Milan N Member Since: May 8, 2016
3 of 4

Yes, I've done the work. He accepted the first article but refused to pay for the second one as it wasn't written in the "American dialect." 

As I said, I couldn't care less about the money, but I want to make sure that accepting to give the refund won't be detrimental to my JSS.

Thanks!

CEO at HIREQUARTERS
https://hirequarters.com/
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

@Milan N wrote:

Yes, I've done the work. He accepted the first article but refused to pay for the second one as it wasn't written in the "American dialect."

So money was paid on the contract, which is good. The refund won't affect your JSS, the client's feedback (private and / or public) might, depending on what it was.

Claiming native English skill may be backfiring on you again.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS