cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is removing a bad rating worth it?

victorialucas

Good morning fellow Upworkers, 

I am top rated with a success score of 100%. I was just blindsided with a terrible rating from a client (3.85/5). I am wondering if it's worth asking Upwork to remove this score from JSS? How bad will this affect my score? The client did not leave a comment so I am unable to leave a response and I already rated her a 5, as I was completely blindsided by her rating. 

Vicki 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jessicasimko
Community Guru

Victoria L wrote:

I am top rated with a success score of 100%. I was just blindsided with a terrible rating from a client (3.85/5). I am wondering if it's worth asking Upwork to remove this score from JSS? How bad will this affect my score? The client did not leave a comment so I am unable to leave a response and I already rated her a 5, as I was completely blindsided by her rating. 

Vicki 

How much it affects your score is directly proportional to how many jobs you have completed in the past 2 years. I can't see that because your profile is set to private. If you have done hundereds of jobs in the past 2 years, it'll probably just drop a couple percentage points. If you only have 10-20 or so (or less) it could drop much more. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Guru

Victoria L wrote:

I am top rated with a success score of 100%. I was just blindsided with a terrible rating from a client (3.85/5). I am wondering if it's worth asking Upwork to remove this score from JSS? How bad will this affect my score?

3.85 is not "terrible!" You could respond to it, but why draw attention to it?

You've had over 300 jobs. Wait until the next update, if it's just a couple of point off the JSS, leave it, otherwise use the perk.

Thanks for your quick response, Petra! 🙂 You're right. I'm most likely overanazlyzing the score as I was blindsided. I will wait until my JSS is updated.

The only problem with waiting is that if this feedback results in your JSS dropping below 90% your "16 of 16 weeks above 90" statistic will drop to "14 of 16", meaning your Top Rated status will be at risk if another client does the same over the next 14 weeks.

Don't panic. Just be aware of this and factor it into your decision whether to delete the feedback before your JSS is re-calculated.

jessicasimko
Community Guru

Victoria L wrote:

Vicki 

How much it affects your score is directly proportional to how many jobs you have completed in the past 2 years. I can't see that because your profile is set to private. If you have done hundereds of jobs in the past 2 years, it'll probably just drop a couple percentage points. If you only have 10-20 or so (or less) it could drop much more. 

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS