cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is something wrong with my proposal/cover letter?

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
11 of 14

Benjamin P wrote:

I think I just develop tunnel vision because I know the first obstacle to learning anything is thinking you already know everything. 

Spot on and knowing it gives you an advantage over the crowd of those who think they have nothing to learn :-)

Tunnel vision, raise your hands who never got caught into that kind of mental processes. :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
12 of 14

Benjamin, form your overview profile I think your writing style sounds unnatural because you're overdoing it and it shows. As someone already mentioned, it lacks of structure. And formatting too. Mexico won't pay for your wall of text.

Structure your overview, shorten it and stop talking about yourself. Add portfolio samples of your writings instead.

-----------
Ace Contributor
Benjamin P Member Since: Feb 26, 2019
13 of 14

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the feedback and the laughter from your "Mexico wont pay for your wall of text" comment.  As I've stated in several other replies, I have a lot of rewriting to do.  I appreciate some of your suggestions.  The gist I've gotten from a lot of feedback is keep it short and sweet. When it comes to my portfolio, I don't have anthing that I can put in there that has been published which is why I'm going to start a blog.  

Community Guru
14 of 14

Benjamin P wrote:

I'm going to start a blog.  

Great idea and also you can write things just so you can add them into your portfolio. Be your own client and give yourself specific writing tasks, then publish them.

-----------
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS