Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is talking in Skype allowed in UpWork?

muwah19
ROWENA B Member Since: Jun 15, 2015
11 of 38

Hi Valerie,

I have known a person who's account was susp-ended because she shared her Skype account to the client. I wanted to ask clearly if we are allowed to share our Skype username if the client asks for it. I am afraid my account would be permanently suspended as I have established it for years and will just be suspended for just 1 honest mistake. 

Waiting on your reply. Have a nice day!

Rowena

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 38

You can't put you Skype account in your profile but you can share it in your proposals and during interviews.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
samrat3
Community Guru
Samrat C Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
13 of 38

Rene,

Are you sure one can share their skype id in their proposal? I thought it can only be shared on Upwork message room and only after the client has initiated communication with the freelancer.

rolandofgilead
Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
14 of 38

@ROWENA B wrote:

Hi Valerie,

I have known a person who's account was susp-ended because she shared her Skype account to the client. I wanted to ask clearly if we are allowed to share our Skype username if the client asks for it. I am afraid my account would be permanently suspended as I have established it for years and will just be suspended for just 1 honest mistake. 

Waiting on your reply. Have a nice day!

Rowena

Yes, you are allowed to share your Skype contact with a client, as long as he/she keeps paying you exclusively through Upwork.

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 38

Hi Rowena,

Sharing Skype and other direct contact information in direct communication and freelancers' proposals is allowed.

Untitled
samrat3
Community Guru
Samrat C Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
16 of 38

Thanks for confirming that Vladimir!

elnino27
El Niño R Member Since: Nov 20, 2017
17 of 38

Hello, why Upwork is blocking a message giving a client my skype I.D.? The intention of my message was just to give my client an easiest and fast way to contact me. Is this action not allowed or indirect violation of the Upwork's  TOS?

fizza-maqsood
Fizza M Member Since: May 2, 2018
18 of 38

Hi

*I have a query to authorize person

If the client clearly mentioned on job post to share Skype Id then can I share via submit proposal or not? 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
19 of 38

Hi Fizza,

We recommend to keep your communication on Upwork but communicating outside of Upwork is not a violation of our TOS. Asking or getting paid outside of Upwork is a violation of our TOS, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
fizza-maqsood
Fizza M Member Since: May 2, 2018
20 of 38

Thank you Goran

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS