🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is the Viewed By Client marker working?
Page options
the3dguru
Community Member

Is the Viewed By Client marker working?

When I look at the list of proposal I've made, one of them shows 'Viewed by Client'. That was from February this year. None of the others do. Does this mean that no client has looked at one of my proposals all year? Is this feature not working?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When the stats were first released (not the single-proposal-viewed detail), I had doubts about it due to the unexpectedly low view-to-sent ratio.

I thought that the 'view' might be recorded incorrectly, maybe because of privacy settings, or maybe because clients can see proposals in their email, etc. But, a mod confirmed that what clients see in their email is similar to what they see on the web, they need to click to get 'sufficient' info, meaning Upwork should be able to record that 'view' number correctly.

They released that feature at the same time around with other 'changes' that are known to lower the view ratio. So yes, it is different from a year ago. Right now clients don't even see the 'snippets' of our proposal. They don't even see the 'front' of our 'store'.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
spectralua
Community Member

It was beta option. So can be faultly.

yofazza
Community Member

How about the proposal viewed stats? Also 1 view?

I just checked, it shows three views this month. That would indicate that its not working and clients are viewing proposals. Strangely, my most recent proposal shows Viewed By Client now.

When the stats were first released (not the single-proposal-viewed detail), I had doubts about it due to the unexpectedly low view-to-sent ratio.

I thought that the 'view' might be recorded incorrectly, maybe because of privacy settings, or maybe because clients can see proposals in their email, etc. But, a mod confirmed that what clients see in their email is similar to what they see on the web, they need to click to get 'sufficient' info, meaning Upwork should be able to record that 'view' number correctly.

They released that feature at the same time around with other 'changes' that are known to lower the view ratio. So yes, it is different from a year ago. Right now clients don't even see the 'snippets' of our proposal. They don't even see the 'front' of our 'store'.

edesignmk
Community Member

Also, there was a notification when a client viewed your proposal but seems it's not working now. 

I remember people posting screenshots about it. If they no longer put it into notification then maybe because it is still in beta as said above. Not all freelancers have it, I don't have it.

rolludesig
Community Member

i have serious doubts on alogrithrm since there are times when most of my proposals are viewed and there are times inbetween none are viewed? not sure if others are also facing this...

NikolaS

Hi everyone,

On February 22, we launched a test feature that displays timestamps of when clients viewed freelancers’ submitted proposals, an opportunity to gain more visibility into the proposal submission process.

The testing period has ended, and on May 23 we expanded this feature to all freelancers on the platform. Check out our original post to learn more.

We encourage you to continue sharing your feedback.

~ Nikola
Upwork
yofazza
Community Member

I take it that it still needs time to expand to all freelancers or something? My panel title under 'Active proposal' is still 'Submitted proposal', not 'Sent proposal'.

Also, I had an interview from a proposal sent on May 27th, but no "viewed by client" marker whatsoever.

jacqueli1702
Community Member

It was said it now applies to all freelancers but I just dont understand that one day the job says viewed by client but the next day or 2 days later the same job doesnt have viewed by client anymore? Can anyone give me an update on the current status? Is it trustworthy to actually know if a client looked at your proposal or not?

Hi Jacqueline,

Would you be able to check from a different browser if you also experience this problem? You can always try clearing your cache and cookies and check again just to be sure. Don't hesitate to follow up with us if you see this occurring again so we can assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members