🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is the availability feature working?
Page options
donnamcfarland
Community Member

Is the availability feature working?

Hi, I am wondering if the availability feature is working or if I am mistaken about how it is supposed to work? I set my availability to "not available" for a week because I had enough work and did not want new jobs. During the week of not available I received one invitation to interview, one referral, and one purcahase of my project. I normally receive about 2-3 offers in a week, so I am wondering what the "not availiable" status is supposed to do? If people can purchase a project when I am not available I am thinking I should just delete my project, unless there is another option? (I don't want to use the "out of office" feature because I am actively working with current clients.) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Donna,

When you set your availability to "not available" clients are still able to find your profile and see your availability. If you're still getting invites when you've set yourself as "not available" it might be a good idea to also set your profile to private for good measure.

In the case of Project Catalog, if you don't want your project to be visible to clients, click the Visible toggle switch to turn it off temporarily. In general, if your project is “on” you should be prepared to have a client purchase it at any time. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Donna,

When you set your availability to "not available" clients are still able to find your profile and see your availability. If you're still getting invites when you've set yourself as "not available" it might be a good idea to also set your profile to private for good measure.

In the case of Project Catalog, if you don't want your project to be visible to clients, click the Visible toggle switch to turn it off temporarily. In general, if your project is “on” you should be prepared to have a client purchase it at any time. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members