🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is the connects fee deductible on my taxes?
Page options
lplobinske
Community Member

Is the connects fee deductible on my taxes?

Hi. Sorry if this has already been answered, but I searched and searched and couldn't find any indication that it's been answered.

I attended an Upwork webinar on taxes a couple of years ago and it said that Upwork service fees were deductible on your taxes. I have in fact been deducting them. Now here's my question: Are the fees we now pay for Connects like the service fees with regard to my taxes? In other words, can I deduct them?

Thanks,

Louise Pare-Lobinske

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Louise P wrote:

Hi. Sorry if this has already been answered, but I searched and searched and couldn't find any indication that it's been answered.

I attended an Upwork webinar on taxes a couple of years ago and it said that Upwork service fees were deductible on your taxes. I have in fact been deducting them. Now here's my question: Are the fees we now pay for Connects like the service fees with regard to my taxes? In other words, can I deduct them?

Thanks,

Louise Pare-Lobinske

Yes, basically any expense related to your business is deductable. There might be some exceptions depending on your location, but Upwork connects are definitely included.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jr-translation
Community Member

Louise P wrote:

Thanks,

Louise Pare-Lobinske

Yes, basically any expense related to your business is deductable. There might be some exceptions depending on your location, but Upwork connects are definitely included.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members